thirty bees forum

<SOLVED> eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered"

alwayspaws

Question

I'm getting an eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered"

Admin > orders > clicked the specific order > Chose "Delivered" from the "Update Status" drop down box.

Got the error and clicked "resend email" to try again.

Same error: "An error occurred when sending the email to the customer".

I did not get this error when I updated the "processing in progress" and the "shipped" statuses.

Any ideas? I doubt that the customer changed her email in the past few days. :)

0_1513684992048_error-occurred-while-sending-email-to-customer.jpg

• Answers 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@slick_303 said in eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered":

backup your theme/transformer/mails/en folder. Then delete the theme/transformer/mails/ folder off your site. Then try again and see if the emails show up.

Deleting my theme/name/mails folder off my site solved my issue

Mine is partly solved. I backed up theme/transformer/mails/en folder, deleted it and re-uploaded it. The new DELIVERED email template now shows up in localization > translations > email templates translations >Transformer theme > English

0_1513883454152_new email template now shows up in localization translations email translations core emails.jpg

Error message still appears when trying to re-send DELIVERED email but no error when trying to resend SHIPPED email.

Error message in back office:

0_1513883538263_error still there when trying to send DELIVERED email.jpg

No error message for the earlier status update of SHIPPED, which I tried to re-send:

0_1513883612288_no error when resending SHIPPED email .jpg

Thanks for solving a big part of this issue, @SLiCK_303 (Happy Birthday to your wife!)

@hfxracing said in eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered":

check the e-mail just to be sure some people do not want to be contacted after they order and will change the e-mail address.

To see if it was still a valid email address, I sent email to the customer via my mail program and it did not bounce back. The rest of this story is in my above post.

Thanks!

@SLiCK303 NOTE only for this post in this forum: Plain text email versions do not have a subject field to enter, so this is normal behavior Per @SLiCK303 So never mind the question in this specific post. Thanks. Keeping the screenshots here for anyone who may want to know what we're discussing.

After viewing the html version - HTML "title" tag (the subject of the email) I added: Delivered from {shop_name} in that field.

html subject title tag for delivered:

0_1513884745497_html subject title tag for delivered.jpg

"No Subject was found for "delivered" in the database. Viewing the text version does not have a field for the subject.

0_1513884952018_ Viewing the text version does not have a field for the subject.jpg