thirty bees forum

<SOLVED> eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered"

alwayspaws

Question

I'm getting an eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered"

Admin > orders > clicked the specific order > Chose "Delivered" from the "Update Status" drop down box.

Got the error and clicked "resend email" to try again.

Same error: "An error occurred when sending the email to the customer".

I did not get this error when I updated the "processing in progress" and the "shipped" statuses.

Any ideas? I doubt that the customer changed her email in the past few days. :)

0_1513684992048_error-occurred-while-sending-email-to-customer.jpg

• Answers 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@hfxracing said in eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered":

A customer database is key IMO but if it’s not in the budget then you got to keep a record of customer data somewhere a spreadsheet might even be a good start

@hfxracing Advice, please:

I downloaded the customers csv and orders csv from the BO but they don't give full information. Is there somewhere else in the BO that gives what was ordered and the price, etc?

customers export example:

0_1513943456116_customers-export-example.jpg

orders export example:

0_1513943489392_orders-export-example.jpg

@alwayspaws Everything should be there Your dashboard should show your sales for each day. You just need to record everything somewhere. There might even be free crms out there. Like for example. I contact you via e-mail & say I want a toy for my dog I give you the part number & say I want to buy it.

How do you handle & track this? I am not buying on your shopping cart but you would still want to keep my information on file so you can market to me later. I have learned that where ever a sale comes from take it. I stopped long ago forcing customers back through the website just so I could capture their information. I now have the attitude of you want something I am selling lets make the sale. The website is one channel.

Now after a sale like the above example is done. I want to be able to follow back with you make sure you received your order & ask you to get on my subscriber list but if I do not save your information I cannot contact you and where it was not through the website I need somewhere to put your infor. My goal after this now that I have your e-mail is to market to you to come & buy again. There got to be a free CRM online somewhere if not you need a place to put this information until you do. Excel is a good choice but it does not integrate with a calendar so if your a good record keeper it's alot of work but the only choice if you cannot invest in a CRM.

@hfxracing I really appreciate your time, patience and advice. Thank you. I saved it all. I googled free CRM and will evaluate the many choices I found:

https://www.google.com/search?q=free+CRM&oq=free+CRM&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.333j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks, again!

@hfxracing said in eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered":

@alwayspaws Hey if I can save someone else taking 3 years to learn it's worth it.

Considering I began my site three years ago last month and have been hit with numerous delays, snags and snafus the first 2-1/2 years (before arriving at thirty bees), I need the three-year “jumpstart”!

@SLiCK_303 Like magic, that module works great! I made a test order and was able to send all the emails. They all look fine. TYVM!

Side note: I wish the customer's name wasn't in all caps because who writes like that? I don't, but I'm not up to doing the override rigamarole over that. :)

@alwayspaws said in eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered":

Side note: I wish the customer's name wasn't in all caps because who writes like that? I don't, but I'm not up to doing the override rigamarole over that. :)

You can change that by editing the .html emails, and take out the text-transform:uppercase, like in this line.... <span class="title" style="font-weight:500;font-size:28px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:33px">Hi {firstname} {lastname},</span><br/> doing that will put in their first and last name the way they typed it into the site, so if they did all uppercase, it will be all uppercase, if they did all lowercase, it will be all lowercase...ect.. You might wanna change the text-transform:uppercase to read text-transform:capitalize, that in theory will capt just the first letter in each word of the sentence. Works fine if you have all lowercase, with all uppercase it will leave it uppercase.

@SLiCK_303 Where do you find those files? You don't mean localization translation email translations, do you? Those html emails do not have any code like that. The html email just looks something like this:

[{shop_url}]

Hi {firstname} {lastname},

Your order has been delivered!

Your order with the reference {order_name} has been delivered.

Thank you for your order and for shopping with {shop_name}!

You can review your order and download your invoice from the

"Order history" [{history_url}]

section of your customer account by clicking "My account"

[{myaccounturl}] on our shop.

@SLiCK_303 Now I see it.

Summary: To use sentence case instead of ALL CAPS in email templates, change text-transform: uppercase to text-transform: capitalize

For this: Welcome {Firstname} {Lastname},

I changed the text-transform: uppercase to text-transform: capitalize

I changed the extra large font size from font-size: 28px; to font-size: 18px;

and for this: Thank you for creating a customer account at {shop_name}.

I changed text-transform: uppercase to text-transform: sentence

The code now looks like this:

Hi {firstname} {lastname},
Thank you for creating a customer account at {shop_name}.

0_1514414632432_account creation welcome email.jpg