thirty bees forum

<SOLVED> eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered"

alwayspaws

Question

I'm getting an eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered"

Admin > orders > clicked the specific order > Chose "Delivered" from the "Update Status" drop down box.

Got the error and clicked "resend email" to try again.

Same error: "An error occurred when sending the email to the customer".

I did not get this error when I updated the "processing in progress" and the "shipped" statuses.

Any ideas? I doubt that the customer changed her email in the past few days. :)

0_1513684992048_error-occurred-while-sending-email-to-customer.jpg

• Answers 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@hfxracing Thanks. There is just one problem with that and it relates to this unsolved problem:

E-mail notification when new product reviews are submitted: - It’s not just about product reviews it’s about getting any copies in the mail that I sent to customers

https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/942/e-mail-notification-when-new-product-reviews-are-submitted/12

Can you help us out with that please?

@lesley said in eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered":

Also check the status in the back office for which template is sent, then look in the /themes/transformer/emails/en directory to make sure the template is on your server.

Also look in /emails/en folder to make sure the template is on your server, if you dont have them in your transformer theme at all.

Also in BO->Orders->Statuses, do you have Send email to customer checked, and Email template is set for something, matching your emails/en folder.

@lesley @SLiCK_303 Sorry for the delay. I’m on my tablet. I have shipped but not delivered.

0_1513698862991_6543BA7C-6645-4E61-9312-FD165E71919A.jpeg

Where do I get the delivered one from? Do I just copy the shipped one and edit and rename it to delivered?

Are there any templates I’m supposed to update? Also since I never get copies is there way I can configure these email templates to get copies of the order processing, shipped, and delivered email updates?

@lesley said in eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered":

This is one main reason we use 3rd party SMTP servers on a lot of sites. You can see the emails without having them sent to you. You can also see the delivery and open status as well.

Is there a module that does that? I don’t have the budget for a third-party email server.