thirty bees forum

<SOLVED> eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered"

alwayspaws

Question

I'm getting an eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered"

Admin > orders > clicked the specific order > Chose "Delivered" from the "Update Status" drop down box.

Got the error and clicked "resend email" to try again.

Same error: "An error occurred when sending the email to the customer".

I did not get this error when I updated the "processing in progress" and the "shipped" statuses.

Any ideas? I doubt that the customer changed her email in the past few days. :)

0_1513684992048_error-occurred-while-sending-email-to-customer.jpg

• Answers 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't let my store manage e-mails I use mailchimp for subscribers & mailmuch to get them. I use ACT by sage to handle all other e-mails to the customer. It's like salesforce customer CRM. This way I can setup my sales process as I find all the shops that are out there don't do a great job of that. I think Slick was on the right path here your store cannot send a e-mail that it does not have a template for. Let us know how you made out. Good luck

@slick_303 said in eMail Error Message when Updating Order Status to "Delivered":

delivered.html and delivered.txt

I created delivered.txt via my Mac textedit app and created delivered.html via LibreOffice.

I'm at Localization  / Translations - Core emails

I found how to add delivered.html and delivered.txt to the core emails: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/334674-solved-how-to-create-a-new-core-email/

but I do not see my newly created "delivered mail" and also need to know where to include the "HTML "title" tag".

0_1513861382794_how to add new email template - uploaded via FZ - page 3 - still not showing.jpg

These delivered email templates show up in my host file manager:

0_1513861585327_email-templates-show-up-in host-file-manager.jpg

Thanks!

@alwayspaws I have been doing e com for about 7 years now but i am just a firm believer in a strong foundation. A customer database is key IMO but if it's not in the budget then you got to keep a record of customer data somewhere a spreadsheet might even be a good start. Mailchimp is great for customers who OPT to get mail & promo's in, but the database keeps records of so much more detail on each customer. Full history of every interaction. Knowledge is power. Knowing your customers goes a long way. Hey even if your on the ground level a sales flow or funnel and marketing flow are great foundations and a strong foundation allows you to scale up when the time comes and it will be easy because you have the foundation in place now.

@SLiCK_303 I did all of that and they still don't show up. I cleared the cache, the browser cache in two other browsers and viewed the settings and they aren't there, but they are on the server as we can see from my screenshot above.

Here are the latest screenshots from Safari and FF:

0_1513874104457_FF does not show newly added email for delivered.jpg

0_1513874118655_Safari does not show delivered email.jpg

I do that every single time I make a change. I think I found the problem by looking at the file manager on my host. I put them here:

public_html/mails/en

but my theme does not have mails in the core folder.

The core folder only has two folders: "Business" and "Foundation".