thirty bees forum

Getting Qnty from my Physicals Stores.

Bodegadelibros

Hi guys! i have a problem. Right now im running 10 physical stores and im trying to implement Ecommerce into the mix, using two channels

I need a way to feed from our physical stores into the Webpage, so costumers cannot order something that is unavaible. it shouldnt be a "import CSV" line, since inventory change a lot.

i was thinking use two ways to sell online 1) pickup in store and 2) Sell and Send

but so far only the pick in store is my main issue our problem is that i need a way to feed from the physical stores into the Web and display values for each store. a working example would be this site: http://www.gandhi.com.mx/libros/los-mas-vendidos/cuentos-de-buenas-noches-para-ni-as-rebeldes-1

(if you are not proficient in spanish here is the way to understand what we need and replicate go to said url. look for Apártalo y Recógelo

Its a purple btn centered in the screen. it should pop up a small window centered

now in this list should be a bit long, and it contain a list of places where you can get said product. if you click on any of the list a small btn would appear in the far right corner saying apartar click on it, after that the window will change a bit into a form, containing common fields, like name, phone etc. below that should be a field called "Cantidad" which mean qnty , now the final product should check against the DB of our physical stores to make sure the client is not asking for more product that we have on store. and also should contain a recaptch btn.)

after the client have fill the form it should update into your system ( we have MYSQL as DB) this is the part that im less wory since our physical store got a system that can set aside products for costumers that would come back using a special table.

if you guys have questions hit me

from my understanding he want to display stock from all physical store in product page. first: multi warehouse can achieve this concept, each warehouse represent physical store. and then make it display on product page. second: pickup in store is linked to warehouse, so when customer buy product it will display store that have the stock something like this: 0_1522137941674_Screenshot from 2018-03-27 15-03-41.png

@dosbiner you are correct, but I think the main problem here is to keep webstore stock up to date with all 10 systems running on physical locations. @Bodegadelibros noted that inventory changes a lot, and he probably want to perform online check at the purchase time, instead of perform regular inventory sync.

Yes that's quite hard to do. It's called O2O (online-to-offline).

Each physical store must have integrated POS, so it is possible to keep stock real between online to offline. Maybe there are some delay and can get conflict orders between offline customers and online customers.

Sorry I'm not programmer so, I can't help you. this is just my thought

@dosbiner where you have set up this pick up in store?

Right now i have as a test, just two warehouses, "a" and "b" for "product Z"

now product Z i have set up Qnty as follow for warehouse "A" -> 2 for warehouse "B" -> 1

and i also have two carriers, ( which match the store Carrier "A" and Carrier "B") but if i the client use carrier "a" ( remember Carrier a, should only take from warehouse A) the client can take 3 products, even tho i dont want to.

Is that pick in Store a module? or something? havent noticed before

I think if you set minimal re order point in your accounting you should not run into stocking issues & update your inventory levels daily. I know you might be looking for a automatic system like a pos that links to your website. I would suggest shopify as it will do that. Or follow the advise above but it will still require you to update the website.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

This might help one or two people

I have quite a few physical stores and obviously online,  Since 2015 i have been using RockPos on prestashop 1.6.0.14  it handles  stock with ease I have never seen a negative stock issue where physical and online collide, it works a dream  

Last night i wanted to know if it worked on Bees for a new business im working on so i downloaded the latest trial version and it slipped in quite nicely  no errors no problems 

good support from these guys too as Im a non programmer I need it  🙂