thirty bees forum

how to refund with paypal 5.3.2?

Beeta

I'm testing 1.0.4 with PayPal 5.3.2 module (in sandbox mode). I cant understand how to issue a PayPal refund from the order page.

What steps do I need to do to issue a refund on the order page?

p.s. I'm able to do it with Stripe module but not with PayPal's one.

@slick_303 so the PayPal refund information on the order page are “read only” data pulled from PayPal? I’m going to try a manual refund from the sandbox and see if that row will show something.

@slick_303 I tried a manual refund but nothing came up in the dedicated Paypal refund box in the order detail... maybe is because I'm in sandbox mode?

@mdekker @lesley can you give me some info about it?

I think it's because your in sandbox mode. Your testing so its not a real transaction. I have used the button on the store to do a refund so I know it works. I prefer doing it directly at paypal since they show you all the fees reversed which you then can credit in your accounting.

• 1 year later...

Actually this refund thing has been an issue since PrestaShop 1.5. As far as I know the official PayPal module never worked properly when trying to refund, not to mention a partial refund. I presume that similar problems persist in thirty bees's PayPal module.

However, there are other (though a bit expensive) PayPal modules which can handle this. Like e.g.

Alternatively you may use a special refund module like the following, which hopefully is compatible with thirty bees: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/order-management/45387-paypal-automatic-refund-customer-order-cancellation.html

Edited by Occam

I'm using PS Paypal Module 3.11.4 and I was always able to make full refound directly from the store backend by clicking on "Refound total transaction".

Was able to do that when I was on PS and now on Thirtybees. And after refound, the order status is automaticly changed to "Refounded"

Edited by toplakd

Hey toplakd

I am using.  Is this what you have?  I am on TB 1.1.0

Payments and Gateways

PayPal v5.4.2 - by thirty bees

Accepts payments by credit cards (CB, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Aurore, Cofinoga, 4 stars) with PayPal.

Sounds like you are on a older version?

12 hours ago, Occam said:

refund thing has been an issue since PrestaShop 1.5. As far as I know the official PayPal module never worked properly when trying to refund

Occam. I sort of found the same thing.  I cant find any definite answer.  I suspect refunding doesn't work.  Which is a bummer.  I wanted to check with everyone before post an issue on GitHub

Edited by Factor

5 hours ago, toplakd said:

I'm using PS Paypal Module 3.11.4 and I was always able to make full refound directly from the store backend by clicking on "Refound total transaction".

Was able to do that when I was on PS and now on Thirtybees. And after refound, the order status is automaticly changed to "Refounded"

Sounds good, I wasn't really aware of that. But for 3.11.4 as for all 3.11x the same applies: that the page structure is noticeably delayed. PayPal does a POST-Request for every page called up. And that for every single page! Result: maybe your shop has a super-fast page structure, but then comes the PayPal request and takes 2-3 seconds.

@Factor You are talking of tb's own Paypal module, whereas 3.11.4 is the PrestaShop native module.

2 minutes ago, Factor said:

Occam. I sort of found the same thing.  I cant find any definite answer.  I suspect refunding doesn't work.  Which is a bummer.  I wanted to check with everyone before post an issue on GitHub

I guess that the tb module is based on an older release of the PrestaShop PayPal module. Just my 2 cents ...

Edited by Occam

Prestashop 1.6 3.11.4 Paypal module does not make any requests to paypal domains if not needed,

but the Native Thirtybees  5.4.2 Paypal Module does make 5 additional requests to paypal domains on each page, and loads about 215kb additional data.

Im using Prestashop Paypal on Thirtybees for 18 months now. Currently on 1.0.8

• Like 1