thirty bees forum

Multishop front not working

hubbobubbo

Question

Hi

For fun I tried to activate multishop today on my test ThirtyBees installation 1.0.4-RC1. I just have a vanilla installation so I am not trying on a real shop so there is no urgency, I am just trying to understand how multishop work.

I have set things up and it seems ok in the backoffice and I have the multishop menus available so the backoffice part seems fine.

The issue is that the frontoffice just gives a page not found. I am using the Virtual URL option so the multishop should be available on www.myshop.com/multistoretest but when I go to that page I just get "This page is not available".

The setup in the backoffice looks ok and I have activated Friendly URL's.

Any ideas, I have zero experience from multishop.

6 answers to this question

Just to provide more info. I did the exact same operation with PS 1.7 and it behaved as expected. I could create 2 new shops to have a 3 shop multistore. I retried with TB but got the same error. I do not have a PS 1.6 installation to compare with.

Again, this is not really critical for me, I was just testing but since it is easy to reproduce if anyone wants to try on the latest TB codebase to see if its an issue it might be useful.

Guessing a bit, for moving a shop into a subdirectory one uses the Base URL, not Virtual URL

Let's assume your web server serves stuff at /var/www/. Then you install the test shop in /var/www/testshop/. This makes Base URL testshop/ and the shop is available at http://localhost/testshop/. A Virtual URL is needed if you want to access the same shop at http://localhost/testshop/clothes/.

It's a bit complicated. There are quite a number of possible combinations of installation location and access URL and thirty bees implements all of them.

I have just pressed "multishop" on my live site's menu, after making a backup.

Unfortunately
(1) I downloaded the backup file to my laptop from Softaculous and am not sure how to get it to recognise this file if I upload again. I found the folder where it keeps backups, and put it there, but without any luck.

(2) The site turned into an error message about mis-configuration. So I checked the .htaccess file for references to my new shop folder, and removed. Now my site url still defaults to the new multishop subfolder, which has no formatting and doesn't show photos. OK for tonight ( I am off to bed ) but:

Does anyone know how to re-edit multishop settings so my url leads to the main site?
(or any way to restore my backup which is a big .gz file?)

Edited by veganline

All fixed! Thanks for help
If anyone finds this thread looking for Softaculous backup restoration tips, this is what I did to use one that was on my laptop
(1) find out where Softaculous backs-up; either dropbox or on the web server
(2) backup the broken site, so that there is a file name there that Softaculous recognises
(3) upload the .gz backup from laptop to the same directory
(4) swap the file names round, or somehow give your uploaded file the name that Softactulous recognises
(5) use Softaculous to restore the backup.

This could also be a way to transfer a site from one Softaculous server to another.

Edited by veganline