thirty bees forum

Manual Migration 1.6.1.18 to 1.0.4

toplakd

Question

It was actualy fast and painless.

1. Installed fresh TB 1.0.4 without sample data
  2. Added 'displayfromsub' column into my original pscategory table, between 'active' and 'dateadd' column (as I was not sure if the data import will insert data correctly into new table with one column standing between others) :)
  3. Exported all the data from tables that were containing needed data (categories, customer, orders, carts, addresses, etc). -data was exported without structure, only data and with clicked option truncate table.
  4. Imported the sql file into the TB Database (where I'm using same table prefix)
  5. Coppied the cookiekey and cookieiv from my ps to my tb settings.inc.php
  6. logged on succesfully with my admin and my test account
  7. uploaded my original theme
  8. uploaded the images to img folder
  9. reconfigured the modules
  10. Job done.

And selfmade GDPR works, as it was made with CMS and editing .tpl files on my theme

Time for beer.

21 answers to this question

Will do once it's moved onto live and all that GDPR hype is over :) Is I do want only legitimate customers, not the ones that would create account only for viewing "my account" section. :) LOL But if someone would like to see my solution, just contact me through PM and I will give you my test account, so no need to create non existing customer :)

Have to configure paypal first and test as on PS i use old module that stil uses credentials, not rest api.

Will not go live until I figure why thirybees paypal module gives me error at checkout. Same on sandbox and live.

Error(s) occurred Invalid request - see details

But it works on default install :) So I messed up somewhere :)

As It seems I imported something too much. LOL :)

Have finaly made the final step and made the migration.
Everything went smoothly except one error, which also happens if migration is made from fresh 1.6.1.23 ps install.

Errors
SQL 2.1.0.8 1064 in INSERT INTO `ps_configuration`(`name`, `value`, `date_add`, `date_upd`) SELECT 'TB_MAIL_SUBJECT_TEMPLATE', '[{shop_name}] {subject}', NOW(), NOW() WHERE ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `ps_configuration` WHERE `name` = 'TB_MAIL_SUBJECT_TEMPLATE' ) = 0: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `ps_configuration` WHERE `name` = 'TB_M' at line 3

After that deleted the whole folder and have left only img folder from original install, the rest was than copied from fresh tb install and have updated the settings.inc with apropriate data from my PS installation.
After that I copied the PS Paypal module which i was using before as i don't want to go to TB one at this time, because old one was never making problem on my PS, and it also seems to work ok here.
Next step was to adjust the theme and enable the Fancier Fancybox V3 with swiping pictures.

Have made a whole lot of tests and everything works as it shoud, so give it a Live go.

Will see in next couple of days if everything is fine.

shop.alza-racing.com for preview.

Next change:
Disabling sending copy of contact form message to the customer:

Deleted following from line 234 in ContactController.php

|| !Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact_form', ((isset($ct) && Validate::isLoadedObject($ct)) ? sprintf(Mail::l('Your message has been correctly sent #ct%1$s #tc%2$s'), $ct->id, $ct->token) : Mail::l('Your message has been correctly sent')), $varList, $from, null, null, null, $fileAttachment, null, _PS_MAIL_DIR_, false, null, null, $contact->email)

Great, congrats to this! 

Your migration seems to be the long way - but important thing is that everything works.  Seems to be good and fast, too.  I will check some details in your shop the next days, maybe i can find a problem and report to you  (dont hope so  🙂 ). 

Are you using the 'old' Paypal module and/or have you tried the new from tb (released about 2 days ago)?  

• Like 1

Hope no problems will appear.

Have tried to migrate several times during different TB versions, but now at 1.0.8 and migrator and updater it worked as it should.

I'm using PS 3.11.4 Paypal module, as i'm not ready to play with TB paypal yet and it's rest api 🙂

And first paypal orders are already through with success on migrated site.

Edited by toplakd

6 hours ago, toplakd said:

Next change:
Disabling sending copy of contact form message to the customer:

Deleted following from line 234 in ContactController.php

Are you changing core files? Please don't do that... you'll get stuck with outdated version of thirtybees.

These changes should be handled by custom module. Such module can either provide overrides, or hook to appropriate hooks if exists.

In this case, there is a hook named actionEmailSendBefore that can be targeted. This hook can be used to adjust email parameters, for example to add your email address to bcc for all emails, change subjects on the fly, etc... And you can use it to block some emails from being sent, by returning false value from the hook.

This is clean and reusable way to customize your shop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toplakd said:

This is the only change to the core file i've made.
That change was already integrated in latest ps versions as ps team removed sending a copy of contact form mail to the customer.

Nevertheless, when you upgrade to newer version, you will loose this modification.

• Like 1

PS changelog-1.6.1.21.txt

- Bug fix:
    - #8828: Stop sending a copy of the contact message to the "author" (avoid spam)

No problems if i loose it, will modify it again, unless TB applies it to the core 🙂

Edited by toplakd

No, it wont.
Going to 1.0.8 is as easy as it gets.

But don't forget to create backup first.
I always transfer the backup to subdomain and perform migrations or updates on the backup.

Than test it, and if everything works fine i move it to live domain.

In migration process it can happen that you get at least 1 error, which i also get if i migrate freshly installed Prestashop that was created with Softacolous.

SQL 2.1.0.8 1064 in INSERT INTO `ps_configuration`(`name`, `value`, `date_add`, `date_upd`) SELECT 'TB_MAIL_SUBJECT_TEMPLATE', '[{shop_name}] {subject}', NOW(), NOW() WHERE ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `ps_configuration` WHERE `name` = 'TB_MAIL_SUBJECT_TEMPLATE' ) = 0: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `ps_configuration` WHERE `name` = 'TB' at line 3

This error is related to back office "Advanced Parameters / Email" and therefore the "Email subject template field" is left blank, so after migration you have to add  {subject} {shop_name} into that field and save it. 

But other than that it just works.