thirty bees forum

500 Server Error on mobile when index and category is enabled on full page cache.

TestTB4Store

Question

10 answers to this question

It is really strange that there is no explanation from Thirtybees. Making the caching functional for mobile is fundamental for any online store - More people buy online using cell phone than a desktop.

Again, my serious doubt about the Thirtybees resurfaces. For now, I don't think this is an ecommerce site that has a future.

Well, the simple workaround is to keep full page cache for index off. Other shop solutions have no full page cache at all, so thirty bees can't be worse.

As I can reproduce this (from a desktop), I've recorded a Github issue: https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/issues/551

For now, I do not include index, category, newproducts, and manufacture in full page cache. (Note: This is TB 1.0.4 - using php 7.1). happens on Chrome on my android and on safari on my Iphone. Have not tried on other cell phones yet.

Please try it on your own site. My site is already in production mode.

The issue with regards to full page cache is even more serious with TB 1.0.5 . The product page shows this 500 server error on desktop across browsers when product ie enabled on full page cache.

I don't think I see those issues on TB 1.0.3

@TestTB4Store I have these on full page cache and the site runs with no problems: bestsales, cms, contact, manufacturer, newproducts, pricesdrop, product, search, supplier

Enabling it for index screws up the formatting.

I have apc on php 7.1/nginx/tb1.0.5

I am not the only one with this issue. As I said, my site is in production. I cannot enable those on my site as users mostly use cell phone for search. Did you check them on your cell phones?

If you have no problem, good for you. But I do have those issues and Traumflug has confirmed that.

I have played around a bit and note the following:

• Error 500 comes when I have the Server Side Caching method as file system and have full page cache. It does not come up when I use APC
  • Having 'index' in full page cache makes the home page lose formatting in all different settings I have used
  • Even when everything seems to be working fine with inclusion of 'product', product pages in 'home' category lose their formatting; products in other categories work fine. However, I think product will be an important page to take advantage of caching.