thirty bees forum

Multistore not working?

exuraz

Question

Hi,

I'm currently running Prestashop instead of Thirtybees, but given the fact that it's a fork of PS 1.6 and I heard the community is much better here than at Prestashop, I thought I'd give it a try. Might migrate to Thirtybees in the future if it turns out to be better :)

I'm tinkering with multistore.

On a 1.6.1.20 shop with demo products (the clothing stuff), I tried making a second store which shares the same root category and products. Then I unselected the 'dresses' category, hoping only 'tops' would show in the frontoffice. Suprisingly, they still show up as 'New arrivals', 'Bestsellers', 'Specials' on the home page, and in the 'New arrivals' column on the producut pages.

I tried deleting all the 'dresses' products from that store. Still, they show up in the aforementioned places. If I click one of them, it says the product does not exist. I'm clueless as to which a shop like this would still refer to non-existing products.

My final goal is to have a main store with all categories, and then create sub-stores that each have only one category.

Products added to the main store should automaticaly show up in the sub-stores, depending on the category. Amounts should be shared.

Can anyone help me in this situation? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.. I mean, what I want to achieve is the purpose of multistore, right? It can't be something very special that I want to achieve..

4 answers to this question

Prestashop discussion is now about evenly divided over three locations: - the old forum where still much of the community is. It isn't visited by the Prestashop staff and it has a serious spam problem. - the Gitter forums that are visited by the Prestashop staff: https://gitter.im/PrestaShop/home - the Github issues page that is the successor of Forge: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues

But I doubt whether the Prestashop staff is still interested in 1.6 issues.