thirty bees forum

Making prestashop urls compatible with TB (1.0.6)

vsn

Hi there,

I am migrating from PS to TB. Just because the old PS urls are already indexed by google and have good ranking I am really looking for the way to make TB urs somehow compatible with the old ones. Meaning, that calling the old PS urls should lead to the correct TB page, the urls itself can be different. Now I saw some hints how to do it, or a part of it. Can somebody provide a full list of TB customizing including products, categories, manufactures etc.? I guess this is done via URLS scheme settings in BO.

Thanks!

Any chance that if I include ID in the URL, TB can redirects to the product (or cms...) if the rest of the URL change? That was REALLY useful in PS. When I changed the product name, if someone tried to access a product from an external link they never find a 404 error (even if the URL changed) because it recognised the ID and they were automatically redirected. I miss A LOT that feature because my business is still being created and I frequently change names to improve SEO so I have a lot of 404 errors ( I can not do so many manual redirection every week)

Small bug: I deleted the URL construction rules until I will have some time to create the redirections (as now there is not ID, this time I need to create them) but it doesn't work. I delete, I click save and it informs about an error it seems it actually delete the rule but it doesn't really do it. If I click in the back-office URL& SEO section menu to open again the page (it doesn't work doing click in refresh as I serve to safe again) I can see it was not really saved. The solution is to write the rule: info/{rewrite} It will through the error but it saves it.

Here you can see a small video reproducing the bug: https://www.screencast.com/t/xIl4XKwm

Too bad, Ubuntu no longer comes with a Flash player.

So I added {id} to some of the rules. They got stored and the product URL indeed changes. That's about what I'd expect.

Did you notice that these rules are per-language? If you change the English rule, the Spanish one will stay on its previous value. One has to change all of them.

One can't entirely delete these rules. Every page needs an URL, after all. {rewrite} is the minimum, as indicated by the required-star in the description below each field.

Remains the question how you managed to get these fields empty. They should be filled properly with a standard installation.

The following customizing follows to exact the same url structure as PS has :

product: {category:/}{id}-{rewrite}{-:ean13}.html category: {id}-{rewrite} category Layered Navigation: {categories:/}{rewrite}{/:selected_filters} supplier: {id}-{rewrite} manufacturer: {id}-{rewrite} CSM: {id}-{rewrite} CSM: {id}-{rewrite}

The last 4 entries (supplier etc.) generate ursl in the PS way, but clicking them leads to 404. I will open a new thread for this issue.

@vsn said in Making prestashop urls compatible with TB (1.0.6):

supplier: {id}-{rewrite} manufacturer: {id}-{rewrite} CSM: {id}-{rewrite} CSM: {id}-{rewrite}

I think is about the code can't recognized if is suppliers or manufacture about is the same rewrite. In my configuration, i have underscore _ and double underscore __ then working good. Check if your original config not have this too. Thanks Mauro

@mauroagr

yes! you are right! The right settings are:

product: {category:/}{id}-{rewrite}{-:ean13}.html category: {id}-{rewrite} category Layered Navigation: {categories:/}{rewrite}{/:selectedfilters} ****supplier: {id}__ {rewrite} *!!!!! comment: delete the blank manufacturer: {id}{rewrite} CSM: content/{id}-{rewrite} CSM: content/category/{id}-{rewrite}****

Fully compatible with PS urls.