thirty bees forum

How Update 1.0.0?

Havouza

Question

10 answers to this question

Any one of you thought if those updates are buggy? Is there way to roll back the previous version? It is quite common in ps instead solving issues to be awarded with new ones with every update... Any idea how to avoid that, just curious. I believe if a thing works well without updates just avoid them.

@MockoB thirty bees is a work in progress and we need to update whatever needs updating. Everything goes through a lot of rigorous testing (Tnx @Traumflug, Michael, Lesley, and more!) before it's posted for updates. Once we update we are supposed to let the developers know if something doesn't work properly and then they fix it.

I do like the idea of a rollback but I suppose as long as we keep a backup, we should be good to go.

I hope you are right @alwayspaws! The idea of restoring live store from backup always bothered me. What if I see the bug a month after the update and meantime there are 200 new registered customers 350 orders and 700 carts ... ? Sure I will loose more than just an hour backing up and especially with all those regulations of keeping all purchase history, messages, invoices etc. untouched. I think I read in topic or article some time ago that the updates will just override the necessary files and could always roll back just those files (if I know which exactly) but it would be nice to have an option to choose what to update with brief explanation and also storing the previous updates in list in the back office not just github. Or at least link to the updates with version history ...