thirty bees forum

'Bad or missing configuration file.' when installing a PrestaShop theme

Steve

Question

So I'm trying to install this: https://www.templatemonster.com/free-templates/responsive-wheels-tires-prestashop-theme-52940.html theme while playing around with thirty bees.

But when I try to upload it from pc or ftp the website the lage loads for minutes and then I get this error: 'Bad or missing configuration file '.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

22 answers to this question

Thanks for sending the ZIP.

Maybe this is a PS 1.6 theme, but if it is, it's well hidden in the ZIP. Watching out for file layout.tpl, I found one in /theme/manual_install/theme1133/themes/theme1133/ and another one inside /theme/themeinstallator/theme1133.zip, path /themes/theme1133/.

It looks much like the developer simply packaged his whole development directory instead of building a theme package. Also Photoshop files and screenshots inside. That's not installable this way.

If you think it's worth the work, try to extract files to get a directory structure similar to the default theme.

Well I just tried 4 other themes:

2 of them gave the same error: 'Bad or missing configuration file'. https://www.templatemonster.com/free-templates/fashion-store-prestashop-theme-51683.html https://www.templatemonster.com/free-templates/responsive-car-audio-prestashop-theme-51230.html

The other 2 just didn't upload. Once I clicked 'Add file' I got a 'this site can’t be reached' error. Those 2 are quite big though (>500MB), maybe that's what gave the error? https://www.templatemonster.com/free-templates/responsive-fashion-store-prestashop-theme-54008.html https://www.templatemonster.com/free-templates/responsive-book-store-prestashop-theme-54824.html

Maybe the problem is on my end? Or does it maybe have to do that these are free themes?

500 MB is far beyond plausible. thirty bees' default theme is like 1.8 MB, ones with bigger pictures might go to like 10 MB, but that's it.

I have no idea what Templatemonster is doing or how this is expected to work. You can look at the set of files coming with the thirty bees default theme, find an area with like-named files like that. Then create a new ZIP with just this.

If this situation can get fixed, only Templatemonster can do this. What they offer is obviously installable neither on thirty bees nor on PrestaShop. Not even close.

To me this looks like the ZIPs you are trying to install are not the themes themselves, but a package with the theme, its docs, graphic assets, etc... Most probably the theme is somewhere inside the ZIP, probably as another ZIP file. Like matryoshka dolls if you want.

I'm also pretty sure the Template Monster guys have documented this somewhere, for example in a readme file inside the main ZIP file or somewhere in their website, probably after you purchase the theme. In any case you should ask them for support, that's why you pay.

Hi, if any person have the same problem. It's caused for the version .zip of the theme, I can't install warehouse theme for prestashop 1.7, install the .zip for prestashop 1.6 and install ok, I try it now. Very thanks for this proyect, It's very very superior to prestashop I worked two years with the fuck of prestashop. and all the updates generating new bugs Pls, dont changed in the future, and dont generate bugs for sell

hi, I've uploaded a .zip warehouse, (size = 1.8mb), so in backoffice i got 'Bad or missing configuration file.'  

config.xml is this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<theme>

-<version value="1.4">

<ccc available="true"/>

<guest_checkout available="true"/>

<one_page_checkout available="true"/>

<store_locator available="true"/>

</version>

</theme>

also I try to created a new theme from files and I got this erron in my page

500 Server Error

Oops, something went wrong.

Try to refresh this page or feel free to contact us if the problem persists.
Please make sure to expand and include the following error code in your message, so we can help you better:

Please always inform the current TB version and possibly server configuration.
Are you using the right zip file?
For Warehouse, I do not know it now, but for example in Panda and Transformer, the subfile for the template in the main zip file is theme.zip or something, so in some cases first extract the main file and then install theme.zip ,

On 2/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, Leandroo said:

hi, I've uploaded a .zip warehouse, (size = 1.8mb), so in backoffice i got 'Bad or missing configuration file.'  

config.xml is this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<theme>

-<version value="1.4">

<ccc available="true"/>

<guest_checkout available="true"/>

<one_page_checkout available="true"/>

<store_locator available="true"/>

</version>

</theme>

im not sure

version value 1.4