thirty bees forum

Can Structured Data Help My SEO?

dprophitjr

18 hours ago, Patrick Taylor said:

Yes, It is considered to be the very helpful in SEO.

Considering that most SEO trail behind and do what Google tells the to it does not have much value. The data will not help you in regards to ranking if expanded. Its helps to verify you, who stands behind your Website in an easy way. Having a full blown Schema org structured data header won't speed up your site.

You will have much data exposed in Search engines and if that is what you are after go ahead. I think its not always positive to expose to much. Making a visitor curious is much wiser IMHO. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, KerryWatson said:

Structured data is beneficial to SEO since it helps Google recognize what your pages and website are all about. 

To show a page in the search results, Google must first figure out what it is about. 

Utter rubbish Google crawls each page before putting it into the index.

The more Ínfo you give out the lesser is the interest in your page from a user point of view.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

Any arguments for this?

Its a double sided sword. Most people surfing the internet are shallowly looking for results and satisfied what google plus other offer them. Better search results are nothing compared to more sales. You can have 5 Visitors a day and sell 4 products vs 12 000 and sell 0

A result of over 15 years in Internet. 

Edited by nickz

Its not a double sided sword at all. Structured data / json+ld data is not even viewed by the end user. Its hidden, its just for search engines. 

Its better traffic quality you want, not quantity. That is why you use the structured data to try to rank for actionable keywords and not informational keywords. Its all a strategy. 

33 minutes ago, lesley said:

Its not a double sided sword at all. Structured data / json+ld data is not even viewed by the end user. Its hidden, its just for search engines. 

Do you really think all people are cut out of one wood? People are individuals and behave differently. There is no one side fits it all policy in SEO or UX design.

Edited by nickz

I am not sure if you understand what structured data is. It is invisible data that a user never sees. It allows you to send information to search engines, without cluttering the page for users. Structured data is not so much a ranking factor, it helps google classify the pages better. That means that your pages will be shown to more relevant users, with an idea that it will increase your conversion rates. 

Here is an article that Mueller from Google talks about it. https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-structured-data-ranking/335781/#close

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lesley said:

I am not sure if you understand what structured data is. It is invisible data that a user never sees. It allows you to send information to search engines, without cluttering the page for users.

I think you don't get it. Some search engines display the infos collected and given by structured data of the schema org script. So a visitor of that search engine has most info you gave voluntarily to them before handed and won't visit your site anymore.

If that makes your happy then go ahead and display all you wish so the visitor won't visit you.

I am fully aware of that, that is the whole point about knowledge graphs. But let me quote what you said earlier. 

3 hours ago, nickz said:

You can have 5 Visitors a day and sell 4 products vs 12 000 and sell 0

If someone is just looking for information, and not wanting to purchase, for me its better if they just get it from google and move on. I don't want them to land on the site, skew the metrics, and make it where re-targeting ads are shown to them. I want to target transactional keywords, where users have the intent of buying. 

@nickz The thing you are talking about, is real, but mainly for simple question: how high is the eiffel tower? What time is it in cleveland right now? Google will answer this questions directly in the search results and the content creator don't get the traffic. 

It can be problematic for newssites too, but for ecommerce, that is really not a big deal right now. What should a visitor do? If he wants to buy something he has to visit some shops 🙂

2 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

The thing you are talking about, is real, but mainly for simple question: how high is the eiffel tower?

I'm referring to shop ranking my friend and not about simple questions. Aft all its a shop forum ain't it? 😉

• 1 month later...

I am completely agree with this idea that structured data helps search engines to understand the nature of the content.

This practice helps search engines to understand how to display the content in more optimized way.

By using structured data we can not promise it will directly hit the ranking signals but yes it will help to increase your CTR.

Quantity of the content doesn't matter there has to be a good quality information in your content. If google understand your content more easily without facing any understanding problem then obviously it will push your article in the priority queue.

It is important to understand the search engine marketing to know working of search engines.