thirty bees forum

Mailchimp module fetches not-confirmed newsletter subscribers in case of opt-in

vsn

I have activated opt-in option in the newsletter module. Once a visitor does a newsletter subscription (without creating any user-account, just newsletter subscription) his email is stored in the newsletter table with active = 0. After he confirmed the subscription via email (opt-in), the value is changed to active = 1. Analyzing subscribers which were transmitted from Thirtybees to MailChimp platform via the native module, I found out, that subscribers with active = 0 are also marked as subscribed. MailChimp v1.5.0, TB 1.0.7

• 2 weeks later...

@rubben1985 I do actually the same, but I would like to have a sync feature. Now I manually unsubscribe in back office the customers, who performed un-subscription via Mailchipm. Are you using the same approach?

@vsn said in Mailchimp module fetches not-confirmed newsletter subscribers in case of opt-in:

@rubben1985 I do actually the same, but I would like to have a sync feature. Now I manually unsubscribe in back office the customers, who performed un-subscription via Mailchipm. Are you using the same approach?

right now, as I am sending the emails with mailchimp, I am not unscribing the customers in the backoffice. To be honest I did not know, that the unscribing customers did not unscribe in the backoffice list but as mailchimp will not send the email anyway...

• 8 months later...

Any updates on this ?

I am having the exact same issue as op.

I've just activated the Mailchimp 1.5.0 module and subscribers with active = 0 in the newsletter table are still subscribed to the Mailchimp list, even thou they did not click the confirmation link sent by email.

• 2 months later...

It seems to me that Mailchimp generally doesn't work too well with tb. For example, Amazon customers are added as unsubscribed contacts. Also, there isn't a sync from Mailchimp to the tb newsletter database when a customer unsubscribes. At least in my store it's a total mess.