thirty bees forum

Migrating from 1.0.7 to clean 1.0.7

DorkV89

Question

Hi!

I am a bit stuck with migrating TB 1.0.7 (migrated from prestashop 1.6) to a clean install of TB 1.0.7. Because I have had the PS 1.6 install updated from 1.5 and from multistore to single store it is a bit of a mess, that is why I would like to migrate from this store to a clean TB 1.0.7 install.

I have tried the Advanced Export and import module to migrate but this is not working. I have tried to export and import the database tables but getting strange results.

Can somebody tell me what tables I need to export/import? I just need the customers, orders, categories and products. I will do all the settings manual.

Or is there an other way/module to do this easy?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

It's an ongoing process, but thirty bees slowly learns to clean its self. For example, the upcoming 1.0.8 release will fix some back office menu entries which are typically wrong in migrated shops. It'll also learn to detect obsolete files.

As you're apparently capable of writing code, how about comparing old and a new tables for writing code which removes the garbage? Such code helps not only once for one, but thousands of merchants forever.

You might have a look at the config file of my free script Copy_shopdata: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/445453-copy-shopdata-script-for-copying-shop-content-for-upgrade/

It is really a long list. Going from multi to single store shouldn't be a problem. You should watch out for language id conflicts. And for maintaining passwords it is necessary that you maintain the same keys in the config file. If you get unique key errors you didn't make the transit from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 the right way.

These are just some remarks for inspiration. You can try to use the script. And otherwise you can try posting details of your problems. "Strange results" is a bit vague.

@musicmaster said in Migrating from 1.0.7 to clean 1.0.7:

You might have a look at the config file of my free script Copy_shopdata: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/445453-copy-shopdata-script-for-copying-shop-content-for-upgrade/

It is really a long list. Going from multi to single store shouldn't be a problem. You should watch out for language id conflicts. And for maintaining passwords it is necessary that you maintain the same keys in the config file. If you get unique key errors you didn't make the transit from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 the right way.

These are just some remarks for inspiration. You can try to use the script. And otherwise you can try posting details of your problems. "Strange results" is a bit vague.

Thanks! I just tried the script but getting the 1045 error. So now I am setting up a local area. It will take some time;-(. I was a bit vague, sorry for that! Importing the tables manual caused showing the products in the back-end but not in the front-end. I am going to try your script first, if that is not working I will check how much work it is to do it manual with the the info I found in the script or I will ask my developer to build something that works in my particular case.