thirty bees forum

Change the hook for faceted search module

danwarrior

Question

Hi, guys!

I want to move the Faceted search module to the main column but positions are limited when I try to configure the new position.

Do you know wich change I need to do (I think is via code) to insert in the main center column or another hook of my theme?

Thank you very much!

16 answers to this question

@lesley I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you mean... I've already show the screenshot:

I've add that code, upload to the FTP and then, when I try to add the module to the new hook (from "positions" menu option), Display TopColumn is not showing.

Is there any step more?

@lesley said in Change the hook for faceted search module:

I haven't tried this, but you might add this to the module php file and then hook it to the displayTopColumn public function hookTopColumn($params) { return $this->hookLeftColumn($params); }

By module php file I mean blocklayered.php

Just to confirm, should hookLeftColumn in the code be hookTopColumn?

Yeah, there is no issue doing that. Most modules do that. I just tested it, I got the hook wrong use,

public function hookdisplayTopColumn($params) { return $this->hookLeftColumn($params); }

And then unhook it from the left column, and hook it to the top column. It will look like this, http://thirtybees-200675-702960.cloudwaysapps.com/coffee-and-tea and need to be restyled for being in the top column.