thirty bees forum

Polyfil

haylau

Question

Looks like we are being targetted by a ddos attack. So I am doing some digging around. Installed csf on WHM and out of the box it seems to be doing some good, not that I havea clue about these things

Anyway, the real question. I am digging around to ensure we do not have any nasties lying around. I noticed this line in the page source

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://polyfill.io/v2/polyfill.min.js?features=IntersectionObserver"></script>

I have no idea what that is. Is it a thirtyBees addition?

5 answers to this question

This js script makes sure that IntersectionObserver functionality can be used in all browsers, and not only by those that implements this natively. This way, tb code can use this functionality without fear that it will cause runtime errors in your browsers.

In this case it's quite unnecessary, though. The polyfill is loaded by community-theme, but the only code using this functionality is located in back-office forms. So front theme does not help here at all.

I suggest you to remove this from your theme header.tpl -- your shop will load a tiny bit faster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haylau said:

Looks like we are being targetted by a ddos attack. So I am doing some digging around. Installed csf on WHM and out of the box it seems to be doing some good, not that I havea clue about these things

We also got attacked recently, but since we are using cloudflare it was quite easy to stop the attack. Maybe cloudflare is interesting for you too.

32 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

We also got attacked recently, but since we are using cloudflare it was quite easy to stop the attack. Maybe cloudflare is interesting for you too.

Yes, possibly. Looks a bit complex though, will the free one be OK? 

Would not have a clue how to set it up. 

2 hours ago, datakick said:

This js script makes sure that IntersectionObserver functionality can be used in all browsers, and not only by those that implements this natively. This way, tb code can use this functionality without fear that it will cause runtime errors in your browsers.

In this case it's quite unnecessary, though. The polyfill is loaded by community-theme, but the only code using this functionality is located in back-office forms. So front theme does not help here at all.

I suggest you to remove this from your theme header.tpl -- your shop will load a tiny bit faster.

Thanks, we are using Panda theme so will check on there. But as long as i know it is legit 🙂