thirty bees forum

Multistore 404

gelnn

Hi all

I have been trying TB, I was using PS 1.7 long story short that's why I am here. I never used PS 1.6.

When I add a shop to multistore I get a 404 just for the second store not my main store. I did this

with PS and worked at first but to many bugs, So I don't think I am doing it wrong.

I have my Performance set to force compilation, cache set to no. I tried with friendly url's no and off

I checked the debug mode and no errors. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Glenn

I think I found my problem, when I add a store in multistore it makes it a main URL. I know I can only have

1 main URL, but it wont let me change it or add it so it is not the main URL.

Edited by gelnn

The configuration is correct. It has to be 2 main urls. Have you tried to work with a subdomain instead of virtual shop? I have a similair issue in my testshop...

Edit: It's interesting that I can make it work with multiple domains/subdomains. But not with virtual directories. Do you know something about your server configuration? Do you use Nginx?

@Traumflug Do you have any idea, what could be the issue? Maybe you remember my "nginx problem". It's really interesting that instead of genzo.ch/chesspoint/ a setup with chesspoint.genzo.ch works. 

Is there some evidence this Virtual URI thing ever worked? A year ago I was close to removing the feature, because I couldn't imagine a use case other than having https://store.com/shoes rather than https://shoes.store.com/, while one can get https://store.com/shoes easily by defining a category 'shoes' in the main shop.

Perhaps we should talk about what the goal is. This should help finding a way to get it working, or to find a easier replacement.

@Traumflug yes virtual urls was working for me before. I used it only for testing purposes. But I can go with subdomains as well. In real live I am also not sure, why it's useful. Why wouldn't you have a real domain per shop :S

@gelnn you need to define this in cpanel or plesk. There you can link a domain/subdomain to a folder on your server. You need to link the subdomain to the folder where thirtybees is installed.

On 3/21/2019 at 5:08 PM, gelnn said:

I used the subdomain but I di not change the folder. What folder should I change?

you dont have to change any folder.. once you created a subdomain, when that sub-domain resolves.. just point it as the main url for your second store. your virtual directory should be empty though..

• 2 weeks later...

@devjunckie I just tested this again. You have to change the folder of the subdomain in plesk (in cpanel probably too). Normally when adding a subdomain the system will add a folder like subdomain.example.com. This folder if of course empty and it won't work. The subdomain needs to have the correct root folder (where the tb files are).