thirty bees forum

blog or cms ?

nickon

Hi,

So we have a website deticated to professional services. while reading about seo one thing always comes up. "Content" and I can understand that this is important. so since ps/tb are ecommrece sites there are not many things do do regarding articles etc. So I think about two options. 1. use the cms page to create landingpages/articles or install wordpress on a subdomain and link to the product from there.

What would be the best solution?

Kind Regards

Hard to tell. I am not a big fan of wordpress in combination with tb. Cause you will probably need to have a bridge, that lets you include product data in wordpress and vice versa. On the other hand the cms pages are very basic. If you don't know about html and css, you will never achieve nice landing pages. Even if you know html and css its kind of unhandy.

I for myself use a blog module thirtybees and add our "content" there.

We have a low traffic site for our particular niche and branded products.  We started making better use the Beesblog module in terms of 'content'. The Beesblog module is hooked into the Home page, but not to the columns.  It is still relatively early days, but our stats/analytics show a definite increase in visits - the search engines reacting to the key terms we included in our blog/content/information pages.  Our next job will be to try and make the blog page look more pretty.