thirty bees forum

TB ready for production use?

pmfjoe

I have been following for awhile and since I have no intention of upgrading to presta 1.7 (ever) as I really am just tired of all of their issues. I do like the Prestashop framework though and it seems like the TB devs actually want to fix the underlying PS issues.

I am about to develop a new site and was wondering what the general opinion was. Is TB ready for production use or should I just stick with PS 1.6 for now? I will probably upgrade old sites sometime in the future or just redevelop them completely under TB.

I'm with the others in this thread. We just migrated ourselves from PS 1.6.1.11 on friday, and it went flawlessly.

The only thing worth mentioning is that you should downgrade to PHP 7 if you're on 7.1, and it might be wise to uninstall complicated modules and reinstall them after the migration. Not sure if this is a must, but some modules caused a little trouble for us in our test-environment. However; This might be because of different domains and us not updating the settings after we moved our live store to a test folder etc. Anyhow it's not much work uninstalling and reinstalling a module just to be on the safe side. :)