thirty bees forum

Siteground GoGeek

AndyC

Hi

Since the last posts about siteground are around 2 years old I thought I would start a new post. I am really considering joining the GoGeek plan as it is in my price range but have some doubts

Thing is I have been burnt so many times with hosting I want to check here first before I dive into yet another hosting site.. Is this plan really as good as I have read and are any members here running their sites on this plan,or should I stay clear. Would also love to check a few sites out on them as well if that is allowed 

Edited by AndyC

Where do you host now Andy? What kind of plan do you have compared to the siteground plan?

Shared sometimes is not suitable because of its limitations imho - I would check SiteGround's either Terms of Service or Knowledgebase about resources used / when they shut you down so your understand when that could happen.

---

I haven't used a hosting account like that in over 15 years. So i'm biased as we run an $70.00 a month Managed VPS with KnownHost since 2011. Then of course we can spin up what ever we need with DO.

They KnownHost are a very good host imho. I was with Servint probably 6 years before that with yet another VPS. So we have been lucky.

If it were me personally i would look into at least a reseller account with knownhost if your here in the States as they throw in cpanel in the cost. Plus you can see what resources you have at your disposal. 

Btw i have no issues with siteground. They hosted a opensource project called impresscms that we worked on. Which we had no issues with at all.

Edited by Script-Fu

I'm with Vida host and it is really slooowwwwww.. (Toaster slow ) Anyway I keep reading that Gogeek is VPS , which it doesn't seem to be.. I was sort of hoping someone else is using this option and would bring some news. Sadly my website has not being doing so well , so am hoping a good sprucing up would help which includes a decent host.

You then also get VPS at a really low price and you have to wonder

https://www.cheap-vps-hosting.co.uk

Edited by AndyC

I use the Siteground Grow Big plan, no problems speed and support is good. Only problem is the "Inode Usage" in shared plan, with one production site an 2 copies (work for new theme) the inode usage is on 80% and the function download a backup is disabled. With one production site and one copy no problems.

Screenshot_2019-05-04 cPanel X.png

Screenshot_2019-05-04 cPanel X(1).png

13 hours ago, datakick said:

I'm running my production site on $5 digital ocean droplet and the speed is reasonable. But of course, it's without the fancy stuff like cpanel

I used to use Digital Ocean too. But now I am considering to move away and back to shared hosting. Virtualmin - that I used to use as a replacement for Cpanel - has become unreliable. And it has become hell not to have your email rejected by the spam filters.

Thank You Kleijn36

I'll be running 2 sites 1 is large around 1300 products , the other is around 600 products .. It looks as though the speeds between grow big and gogeek are the same ..Is that true

Edited by AndyC

6 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

And it has become hell not to have your email rejected by the spam filters.

lol .. That's a minor pet hate ... I changed my email a week ago and already have started getting spam.. But speed has to be important ..My pages are taking around 5 seconds ,which is just not good enough

Take a look at A2
I'm there since more than three years and besides the trouble they had in March in their Amsterdam data centre when the main power supply or something (forgot the exact reason) broke down an the server was not accessible for several hours, I have never experienced any problems and the speed is more than enough even on shared.

6 hours ago, fuji3776 said:

Take a look at A2

Yep I have had a look their turbo  , but have read so many bad reviews about them and the speeds are not what they say they are made me shy away

• 1 month later...

Yes they are good.But I have found 1 major flaw with them.. While trying to get my google shopping uploaded I have found out there is a 30 second limit and it can't be increased 😞 so am stuck with trying to find ways around it