thirty bees forum

Unstructured data invalid field types

lovelygifts

Hi, 

So I've tried to figure out how and which files I go into to fix this problem. But as I'm not coder it's thrown me. Can someone please point me in the right direction.......

This is my error(s) showing in Google webmaster: Unparsable structured dataInvalid value in field "itemtype"I can see it relates to my blog posts - so assume it's somewhere in there.

What do I do and what should the itemtype be please?

Thanks in advance,

Claire

Thanks so much for taking the time out to respond, it's much appreciated. I don't understand a lot of code jargon... I'm unsure as to what the fix is. I see where they are now in the files but unsure of what I'm supposed to put as itemtype and itemscope. .. thanks in advance.

45 minutes ago, lovelygifts said:

Would I perhaps change it to this: 

<div itemscope itemtype="https://schema.org/BlogPost">

ok so that doesn't work.. I've tried reading the forum's and posts on the www. but I just don't understand it. I'm too thick for this! 

This tells you what to do: https://github.com/thirtybees/beesblog/commit/471b64dbb8b6c50b2ce2bb0e1d547a2e6f777fca

Let me explain a bit. You need to go into your module files:

/modules/beesblog/views/templates/front/post.tpl 

There you remove the red line as you see it in github. You add the green line on the same position. 

Then you do the same for /modules/beesblog/views/templates/front/post_list_item.tpl 

5 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

This tells you what to do: https://github.com/thirtybees/beesblog/commit/471b64dbb8b6c50b2ce2bb0e1d547a2e6f777fca

Let me explain a bit. You need to go into your module files:

/modules/beesblog/views/templates/front/post.tpl 

There you remove the red line as you see it in github. You add the green line on the same position. 

Then you do the same for /modules/beesblog/views/templates/front/post_list_item.tpl 

Thank you thank you thank you ;)... I found the files in my directory, it was just the rest of it haha. You are so kind. Ok I'll get that done. 

Also, note that some themes (usually the one based on community theme) have their own copies of these template files located in

/themes/<theme name>/modules/beesblog/views/templates/front/post.tpl 
/themes/<theme name>/modules/beesblog/views/templates/front/post_list_item.tpl

and you need to fix these files as well. In fact, if these files exists, you don't have to worry about template files inside modules directory. Files located in theme directory have precedence over files located in modules directory.

• Like 1

So I did it and Google says this: 

Cannot continue validation process
Affected pages were found. Fix the issue and run validation again

BELOW IS WHAT I DID AS PER ADVISE - 

<article>
<div id="sdsblogArticle" class="clearfix beesblog-post-list-item">        <div id="beesblog-before-post">
            {$displayBeesBlogBeforePost}
        </div>

<article>
    <div class="clearfix beesblog-post-list-item"><div id="beesblog-post-{$post->id|intval}"></div>

Yep I've just cleared cache from back office dashboard just now but I did check the theme folder before... it says validation started so I guess I wait to see if that's fixed it right? Gosh this is so difficult haha I moved from zen cart because I thought this would be easier, which it is in many ways, but I never had these kind of errors before. ;/

You should double check that you have you modified the right template files (there are two you need to fix). Also, see my previous comment about theme templates that takes precedence over module templates.

If you are sure that you changed the right files, then the issue must be in cache. Clear your server cache. If you use cloudflare or similar CDN, clear those as well 

20 hours ago, datakick said:

You should double check that you have you modified the right template files (there are two you need to fix). Also, see my previous comment about theme templates that takes precedence over module templates.

If you are sure that you changed the right files, then the issue must be in cache. Clear your server cache. If you use cloudflare or similar CDN, clear those as well 

Morning, yep done all of the above. I've started validation on Google so await the results. I've got lots of pages with warnings for missing field values such as price valid until, missing review field, missing brand etc... now, I don't have brands module enabled and I don't have expiry dates on prices of the products, therefore, do I need to concern myself with these warnings? Will they affect my ranking? If they are not relevant, should it not matter? 

No you don't need to concern too much about these warnings. Since some weeks google got aggressive in making this warnings. Rich snippets are no direct ranking factor, but they can help indirect.

An example: If you have rich snipped correctly implemented for ratings. You have the chance that google shows stars for your products. This can help, that more people click on it. BUT what if you have 0 reviews for a product? Then google will warn you and you can't even do something, since you just don't have ratings.

In short: fix the one, who takes a few minutes. But invest the hours in improving your shop in general. (Descriptions, Images, Blog posts, Newsletters and so on...)

• Like 1

Bless you thank you. I've been reading and researching and I got the impression that if it's not relevant, I don't need to do anything. However, agree on the working progress of the overall website is my main goal. I shall focus on the parts that urgently need attending to and try my best to figure it all out. It's great to have this forum though and people like yourselves to just clarify things sometimes, especially since I'm not web code minded. Thanks so much for your guidance. Claire.

• Like 1