thirty bees forum

all inventory images stopped showing.

hilari

Question

I had them csv . 1200+ of them. Everything went fine, and with the help of prestools the products were re-categorized when needed.

Then decided to install Panda for thirty bees and they stopped showing. I re-indexed,from both Presstools and TB.

Still not showing.

The path seems right as all csv img URL point properly: t.ex https://terresebrekm0.com/img/items/aceite-de-oliva-extra-750-ml-oro.jpg

I am pretty new with that way to handle images and a bit confused.

Could anyone point me in the right path to bring back the images?

The paths to my images is simply Public.html/img/items.

Thank you in advance...

Oh but I did, Flushed the cache, re-indexed and everything I found on the topic.

I also re-indexed them on presstools, to see if that helped.

The thing is that prior to installing Panda everything was fine.

If I could download a csv with all my 1200+ products I could try to re do it again, but press tools only allows me a 100 and I fail to find how to increase the number of entries.

I don´t know what exactly happened here.But right now my megamenu I was working with dissappeared, the images are still out of view and the languages /en/es/de give me the big 404 .The Panda theme shows a test jpeg I was using for measuring pixels.

I generated the htaccess and disabled the friendly urls.

I am not acquainted with this ui and am trying to get up to date as fast as possible, but that was a real set back.

Where to go from here?

Pretty (or friendly - or whatever you call them) url's is basic stuff. You really need to invest some time to understand what you are doing.

When there is no .htaccess you get the natural urls. They look something like www.myshop.com?id_product=123 or www.myshop.com?id_category=45 (it may be a bit different as it is a long time ago that I have seen them...). Also the links for your pictures become something like www.myshop.com/img/p/7/8/9/789_home-default.jpg. 

Pretty urls are just what the name implies: varnish. They allow you to write www.myshop.com/widget instead of www.myshop.com?id_product=123. The .htaccess file serves as a kind of translation table that makes sure that behind the screens www.myshop.com?id_product=123 is called when you just typed www.myshop.com/widget.

So when you enable or disable pretty urls you should always clean the cache and start at the home page as all the internal links of the shop will be different too.

Now back to your pictures. The first thing we need to know is what file is looked up and whether it is there or not. That is a lot easier to do when you see a real link to the picture than when you see some kind of pretty url that is translated somewhere mysteriously behind the screens.

Please look up two things:

1. In back office -> Preferences -> Images, look at the topmost panel. This lists image types. Depending on the theme, some 5 to 15 types. If you can, copy them into here, so we can see it.

2. Find out the URL of the images your browser tries to load. With Firefox that's right click -> copy image address, then pasting that address elsewhere, e.g. into here.

While all these placeholder images look the same, they all have a distinct URL. Copying one or two of them should be sufficient to find the problem.

thirty bees recently received support for distinct image types in distinct themes. Along with a fallback to the old mechanism, of course. Maybe it doesn't always work as well as expected.

IMAGES 22

Hi, Thank you for replying. Here is the screenshot of preferences>images...:

ID   Name   Width   Height   Products Categories Manufacturers Suppliers Stores  
--  - Yes No   - Yes No   - Yes No   - Yes No   - Yes No   Search
4 home_default_smallest 211 px 211 px          
 Edit  
5 home_default_smaller 218 px 218 px          
 Edit  
70 cart_default 45 px 51 px          
 Edit  
71 small_default 70 px 80 px          
 Edit  
72 medium_default 120 px 138 px          
 Edit  
73 home_default 273 px 312 px          
 Edit  
74 large_default 368 px 420 px          
 Edit  
75 thickbox_default 700 px 800 px          
 Edit  
76 category_default 870 px 218 px          
 Edit  
77 scene_default 870 px 270 px          
 Edit  
78 m_scene_default 161 px 58 px          
 Edit  
79 small_default_2x 90 px 102 px

The above link as an example of a product with broken link.

Also the Panda theme activated does not give me the usual image of the layout preview.

Just to pint out that I downloaded the Fifth theme for my project.

I ftpeed my images to the same folder as they worked the first time , which is public.html/img/items/xxx.jpg

The reason I added my own inventory images in an extra folder is to try not to mess up the ones coming from the themes.

And it worked with default_theme and it worked with Panda the first time.

Hi.

This is a non working ugly unfriendly url of one of my uploaded products:

https://terresebrekm0.com/index.php?id_product=4919&controller=product&id_lang=3

And this is one of the demo products which have no problem showing

https://terresebrekm0.com/index.php?id_product=7&controller=product&id_lang=3

The images were uploaded to the same directory as they did show in the first place.

Still images not showing after all.

And I have followed the steps a few times now...

quote from previous post:

This is a non working ugly unfriendly url of one of my uploaded products:

https://terresebrekm0.com/index.php?id_product=4919&controller=product&id_lang=3

And this is one of the demo products which have no problem showing

https://terresebrekm0.com/index.php?id_product=7&controller=product&id_lang=3

The images of my products are in the same img folder as the demo ones.

Let me take one product as an example: Alcachofa

It has product id 11 and an image with image id 94. It is one of missing images. Only the demo product images are present.

The full url of the image is https://terresebrekm0.com/img/p/9/4/94-small_default.jpg?time=1563174516522

The logical next step would be to look on the harddisk (or with ftp) to see what images are present in the https://terresebrekm0.com/img/p/9/4/ directory.

As far as I can see there is nothing there - what would be problematic.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hilari said:

Thanks. This means it's not an image type issue. In the previous post image type home_default is listed and the theme looks for something with home_default (not Panda_home_default or whatever).

For finding the problem, see @musicmasters last post, that's the right strategy.

Let´s see if I understand the way Thirty bees handles the images uploaded by ftp.

I have a bunch of 1200 images SEO named already strtolower and dash replaces.jpg which worked in my former page which I humbly coded and which showed on thirty bees the first time I uploaded them.

The csv path leads to the path which, naturally is not there, ex. https://terresebrekm0.com/img/p/9/4/94-small_default.jpg?time=1563174516522

because I though (maybe wrongly) that thirty bees Takes the image connected to the Id and creates all the folders to different sizes and formats of the image in question.

At least, That is what I thought when I first uploaded all my SEO named jpgs and all of them found a home. Twice.

Now they don´t .

I guess what the program does is to assign its own IDs and mkdir for all the uploaded images in the appropiate formats, as it did the first time.

I see that the img folder is outside the themes so any theme can find the same images.

What do you suggest I do so my images can be found and Id after thirty bees logic?

I know it is problematic. So, what is the solution?

Thanks.