thirty bees forum

Shipping per item, not dimensions.

Mark

Hi, The vast bulk of the shipping seems based on dimensions and weight, apart from one very useful option in Catalog/Products called "Additional shipping fees (for a single item)".

I don't want to enter all product dimensions and weights and I don't want them to be a factor in delivery costs either.

The expansion would be to add the price for multiples of that product.

For example Delivery Charge for one widget under the "Additional shipping fees (for a single item) " is say $5

Then I should be able to enter in the price for different amounts ie 2 x widgets is $7.50, 3 x widgets is $9 etc etc.

I realise that this will not work so well when combining different products into one parcel. If I want to do that, I need to do things by weights and measures.

You can do this with weights. Set the weight of each item to be, for example 1kg.

Then set up a shipping carrier with 1kg price increments. So as per your example, 1kg = $5, 2kg = $7.50, 3kg = $9, etc. Then when someone buys two items the shipping "weight" will be 2kg and the cost will be $7.50.

• Like 1

Also, if you do not want to enter weights for each item and if you want each item to be 1kg in weight (as per my example above) you can do this relatively easily through an SQL statement or even an SQL trigger. If you'd like some help with that I don't mind looking into it for you.

If you set up database triggers to automatically set your item weights to be 1kg on update or insert then it will be automatic and you won't have to worry about making sure the weight is set for each item.

Of course if you do this and later decide that some items will use a different type of shipping you will need to make sure the triggers are turned off. 🙂

• Like 1