thirty bees forum

[Solved, temporary solution found] Please help: TB Blog Related Products Images Not Displaying

Acer

Question

Hi  

Using 30Bz 1.1.0 Naria theme:
On a Blog Post: It seems that the images for related products are not being displayed...

I see this has been asked here as well - any solution?
https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/3505-niara-theme-glitches-discussion/?tab=comments#comment-30768

Note: this appears to be working in the Community Default theme though.

Screenshot of it not working in Naria:

blog-related-products.png

Edited by Theo

9 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Theo said:

Hi

Using 30Bz 1.1.0 Naria theme:
On a Blog Post: It seems that the images for related products are not being displayed...

I see this has been asked here as well - any solution?
https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/3505-niara-theme-glitches-discussion/?tab=comments#comment-30768

Note: this appears to be working in the Community Default theme though.

Here is a quick correction, but it will need to be modify in the source files too and updated on github with a proper fix.. but here you go for Niara :

Find the /modules/beesblogrelatedproducts/beesblogrelatedproducts.php

around line 164 modify the image name "home_default" to "Niara_home"

161:           if ($products) {
162:              foreach ($products as &$product) {
163:                   $product['link'] = $this->context->link->getProductLink($product['id_product']);
164:                   $product['image'] = $this->context->link->getImageLink($product['id_product'], $product['id_image'], 'Niara_home');
165:               }
166:           }
167:           Cache::store($key, $products);

That will work, but like I said it should be fully modified for Niara or any theme name.. it's under consideration, be patient 🙂

Thank you for the report by the way !

Edited by zen
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, zen said:

Here is a quick correction, but it will need to be modify in the source files too and updated on github with a proper fix.. but here you go for Niara :

Find the /modules/beesblogrelatedproducts/beesblogrelatedproducts.php

around line 164 modify the image name "home_default" to "Niara_home"

161:           if ($products) {
162:              foreach ($products as &$product) {
163:                   $product['link'] = $this->context->link->getProductLink($product['id_product']);
164:                   $product['image'] = $this->context->link->getImageLink($product['id_product'], $product['id_image'], 'Niara_home');
165:               }
166:           }
167:           Cache::store($key, $products);

That will work, but like I said it should be fully modified for Niara or any theme name.. it's under consideration, be patient 🙂

Thank you for the report by the way !

Hi Zen

This works, thank you. Although with the caveat that it's a temporary, Naria specific issue as you mentioned.
Hopefully it get's sorted in future release.

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, zen said:

yes @musicmaster it also a way to fix it by adding "home_default" as a an image type, but you'll have 2 images with the same dimensions on the server.

That is a risk. But with an automated replacement system you have the risk that the replacement will not have the same 250x250 format as the original for which the layout was built. It might even rectangular instead of square.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, Traumflug said:

It's better to change it to just "home". Then this module works for other themes as well.

Great, thanks - I assume the "home" fix is going to be included in future Naria / TB release?

On 10/4/2019 at 2:21 PM, zen said:

yes @musicmaster it also a way to fix it by adding "home_default" as a an image type, but you'll have 2 images with the same dimensions on the server.

There is another point. It is one of the core principles of Prestashop that everything still works when you delete .htaccess. And that helps greatly when solving problems.

That principle is left here. For that reason I consider it dirty programming.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, Traumflug said:

It's better to change it to just "home". Then this module works for other themes as well.

That's right and the best way to fix it properly !!

16 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

There is another point. It is one of the core principles of Prestashop that everything still works when you delete .htaccess. And that helps greatly when solving problems.

That principle is left here. For that reason I consider it dirty programming.

I never tried Presta without .htaccess, but if you setup "home" as a an image type (after blog module modified) it will work I guess.