thirty bees forum

PS addon demosite

Havouza

Yup, I think all those demo sites are just a standard PS install with the module installed, and usually some backoffice features removed or disabled so guests can't mess things up too much.

The dev usually keeps a backup of the demo store and periodically restores it so that things don't get too far out of hand with demo data / tests entered by various potential customers.

It is interesting that no one seems to ´know how it works. I was sure the demo site is something PS provide and if you look at the link to a module demo it is obvious it is like that

http://addons.prestashop.com/demo/FO17816.html

So you mean that every developer has a shop site that looks exactly the same. Then it must be a special version that PS provide.

Another perhaps more interesting question. Modules that I buy I must keep track of updates myself?

@Havouza said in PS addon demosite:

So you mean that every developer has a shop site that looks exactly the same. Then it must be a special version that PS provide.

If they all use the included default PS theme then they're all going to look the same. I would expect everyone to use the default theme, why do anything else?

Edit: Could very well be a PS store requirement to use the default theme for demo stores. Not sure, never built & sold a theme.