thirty bees forum

Layered navigation - slider option

MichaelEZ

depends on categories - fiter

for example in chainsaws length of slip in cm from, in grinders rpm and so on

// sorry coundt descibe it better, had no time to do that yesterday

I need it to many different values which i want to have for example in centimeters from 20cm to 150cm, performance/power in kW, and so on

Edited by MichaelEZ

• 1 year later...

Hi,

About this slider option. This slider is available only built-in possibilities like price or weight. But this i really annoying that You can't use this with other possibilities. So if you offer some items by length, then it is really good to use slider. At the moment you can use "click" type solution, but this is also annoying because filter runs automatically after every click and if there is many items then it is better to leave then scroll every time back and find another option. So is there option to put button "Run" or "Do" or something similar, then You can click on all possibilities and when you are done THEN filter is running ?

• 1 year later...

Is there any plan to add slider option to this filter ? In PS forums user are "crying" about this more than 10 years. Problem is that values in database are stored as text (except price, weight which are automatically stored as number and slider option is hard coded for these). So it is pretty much pointless to put slider. Solution can be when values are stored numbers. But this lead to database changes and this is mostly source for all kind of problems. In other hand, if You can't store values as numbers then there is no need for a slider also. So there can be some kind check which tells You, can You use values for slider or not. Another way is create another table where values are stored as numbers. This again lead to way when installing this module there is also "converter" which creates values to this extra table. An then there will be many extra tables, depends how many slider filter are needed. Or maybe there are some other solutions ? Anyway, I still need this. Is there anybody who can make solution ?