thirty bees forum

No attributes for virtual products/services

Havouza

Question

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Easy. Let say I sell hosting. The yearly Premium package comes with a free TB install IF the customer wants it. So the attribute for this case would be a Free Install attribute with a Yes or a No value. Thos can be expanded with a free domain f.ex.

No, I have looked in the AdminProductController and it is totally rewritten so not possible to use the guide. I will make a request so it will be changed. I cant see any reason to not have the possibility. That Shipping is gone is more natural

One thing I've noticed is that you can’t have a standard product and add a downloadable file as an attribute in order for the buyer to choose between the physical product and the downloadable. At least I did not find a way to do it.

I am selling books.. So having the physical book, pdf and ePub versions available as product variations would be great. I don't want to give the eBook away if they choose the physical version etc. Right now I hacked it using 3 distinct products.

I will also be selling access to a premium website for 6 months, 1 and 3 years. Should all be in the same product as well as variations.

I found a free module that works for me. Even can add virtual products to normal ones as combinations. Paper books with ebooks as combinations

http://www.presta-apps.com/free-modules/130-prestashop-virtual-combinations.html