thirty bees forum

Search Module

AndyC

Hi

Are there any other free modules or any way to improve the search function.

I only ask as a lot of the time my search function doesn't seem to find products by search.. Take this last 1 . Someone has just search Port Glasses , I have products named Port but because they have added glass it has missed these products.Using Panda and latest version 

here you can correct words. For example, someone is looking for a word and has a spelling mistake. As a result, the product can not be found. Here you can create a list of misspellings (or more - manipulate would not be the correct word for it now), so that the right products are displayed in the search.
It's best to test it yourself.
And at the end of the adjustment page (weight) make your desired selection - search only after 3 characters begin or after 4 characters, etc.

I try it as an example

false - correct
bloose - blouse
blues - blouse
........ etc

On your website if I type

PORT I get 25 results

GLASSES 79 results

Port Glasses  104 results

So the search looks to be doing OR so extra words give ore results rather than refining the results. This is probably as expected?

For me search is not good anyway. Even in Prestashop they changed the search system and it is worse for us. I always revert the search file back to an earlier version which gives the results we require

Yes a single word normally gives correct results , but 2 or more doesn't seem to do right.. Although using glass possibly wasn't my best example as I have many

Thanks colorful-ant , I understand that point , I'll have to update with variations of words

• 1 year later...
On 11/16/2019 at 3:21 PM, AndyC said:

Hi

Are there any other free modules or any way to improve the search function.

I only ask as a lot of the time my search function doesn't seem to find products by search.. Take this last 1 . Someone has just search Port Glasses , I have products named Port but because they have added glass it has missed these products.Using Panda and latest version 

Do you remember to update the search index?
Preferences>Search