thirty bees forum

New Theme

AndyC

Hi

I am looking for a new theme for my jewellery website... I don't want to use a Sunnytoo theme ( not against them as have Panda already for my main site )

Just looking for something simple and clean looking and works with TB..What other themes are in use for TB with members as I have seen different styles  

Thanks

17 hours ago, AndyC said:

Just the normal things like quick view, Something where you can buy a set and just a nice layout with a category on the left hand side like the TB theme

I believe that one of the things that is holding people back from migrating from Prestashop to Thirty Bees is that although people often say that it is easy to adapt modules and templates there is never any clear description of what has been done. Saying it is easy is from my point of view not very helpful as not everybody is as competent with software and even very skilled people can overlook things and discover much later that they have a serious problem.

That is why I would love to see concrete descriptions. What was really changed? Was it just some cosmetic adjustment that you would have made under Prestashop too? Is Thirty Bees providing different data to the template than Prestashop. Is there something else different in the mechanism? Or does it have some underlying style sheet that is different? 

• Like 1

Basically that was why I was asking .. I don't want to buy a template and find it is useless ... I was sort of hoping there were other templates that worked OK.. Even Panda has serious issues which I have buy a years cover just to get it fixed , which I do find a little unfair when I haven't made any money yet by moving over to TB so can't afford to keep buying buying buying 

I've never had troubles with PS, started with 1.3.8 and upgraded in steps to last 1.6 version.

Than at some point thirtybees migration module has started working flawlesly and I migrated to thirty bees about a year ago.

Everything runs as before, without any problems, just the speed of shop is better, back office mostly.

But I don't use tons of modules, only 24 modules installed (with AEUC and Geolocation)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Basically that was why I was asking .. I don't want to buy a template and find it is useless ... I was sort of hoping there were other templates that worked OK.. Even Panda has serious issues which I have buy a years cover just to get it fixed , which I do find a little unfair when I haven't made any money yet by moving over to TB so can't afford to keep buying buying buying 

Buying support for templates is rather common. They are complex beasts so it is quite common to find something in some corner not working ok. In fact Thirty Bees saves you money as it has some more functions so you will have to buy less modules.

The more serious problem with the templates is that the average template provider doesn't support Thirty Bees. So in order to receive support you will often need to maintain a parallel copy of Prestashop to certify that the problem you found also happens in Prestashop. Having a list of what to expect would do a lot to convince more template makers to support Thirty Bees.

• Like 2