thirty bees forum

Regenerating images 5xx error.

Smile

Question

I am regenerating new images in Webp, but i get the following error after 1810 pictures and the process stops.

"Received a 5xx response (generic error). Make the rate limit of the server has been (temporarily) increased"

The error keeps popping up but after few hours still just 181 pictures. Probably a big picture. How to find out which picture or how te set the server better?

11 answers to this question

Prestools.com is a free separate program that works on the same photos while they're on your server. I found it worth the time trying to learn what it does, if only for the display of information.

According to the manual - section 13.2 - it is another way of regenerating photos on your server, and so maybe worth a try for that reason as well.

Edited by veganline

PHP settings are as follows:

; cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit
; Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.
; To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)
; For more information, read our documentation (https://go.cpanel.net/EA4ModifyINI)

allow_url_fopen = On
allow_url_include = Off
display_errors = Off
enable_dl = Off
file_uploads = On
max_execution_time = 1000
max_input_time = -1
max_input_vars = 20000
memory_limit = 2048M
post_max_size = 1024M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php71"
upload_max_filesize = 512M
zlib.output_compression = Off
opcache.enable=0

I changed the max_execution_time from 120 to 1000, but the error kicks in just after 1-2 minutes.

Well seems the execution time while in the php.ini it is set to 1000.... Maybe somewhere in the VPS it is overruled?

Row 363 is red.

ThirtyBeesException
Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded
in file classes/ImageManager.php at line 363
Source file: classes/ImageManager.php

344:        // Author: Tim Eckel - Date: 09/07/07 - Version: 1.1 - Project: FreeRingers.net - Freely distributable - These comments must remain.
345:        //
346:        // Optional "quality" parameter (defaults is 3). Fractional values are allowed, for example 1.5. Must be greater than zero.
347:        // Between 0 and 1 = Fast, but mosaic results, closer to 0 increases the mosaic effect.
348:        // 1 = Up to 350 times faster. Poor results, looks very similar to imagecopyresized.
349:        // 2 = Up to 95 times faster.  Images appear a little sharp, some prefer this over a quality of 3.
350:        // 3 = Up to 60 times faster.  Will give high quality smooth results very close to imagecopyresampled, just faster.
351:        // 4 = Up to 25 times faster.  Almost identical to imagecopyresampled for most images.
352:        // 5 = No speedup. Just uses imagecopyresampled, no advantage over imagecopyresampled.
353:
354:        if (empty($srcImage) || empty($dstImage) || $quality <= 0) {
355:            return false;
356:        }
357:        if ($quality < 5 && (($dstW * $quality) < $srcW || ($dstH * $quality) < $srcH)) {
358:            $temp = imagecreatetruecolor($dstW * $quality + 1, $dstH * $quality + 1);
359:            imagecopyresized($temp, $srcImage, 0, 0, $srcX, $srcY, $dstW * $quality + 1, $dstH * $quality + 1, $srcW, $srcH);
360:            imagecopyresampled($dstImage, $temp, $dstX, $dstY, 0, 0, $dstW, $dstH, $dstW * $quality, $dstH * $quality);
361:            imagedestroy($temp);
362:        } else {
363:            imagecopyresampled($dstImage, $srcImage, $dstX, $dstY, $srcX, $srcY, $dstW, $dstH, $srcW, $srcH);
364:        }
365:
366:        return true;
367:    }
368:
369:    /**
370:     * Generate and write image
371:     *
372:     * @param string   $type
373:     * @param resource $resource

I read this and found my answer!
Just for information, if anyone is looking for the same thing for example on Hosting.co.uk's cheapest server.
It used to show Error 5.xx messages as above. 
Cpanel > SelectPHP > Options > Max Execution Time > 1000

then maybe reset to default if I remember.

PS
I don't know how to delete the first two screenshots here.
The second two are the same with arrows.

server.jpg

server3.jpg

server2.jpg

server3.jpg

Edited by veganline
tried removing first two screen shots but am not sure how
  • Like 1