thirty bees forum

FontAwesome not loading / showing weired signs from global.css

DRMasterChief

Question

Hello,  i have a strange thing with FontAwesome  - this is not loading since we have moved to an other faster hosting plan.  It only shows weired signs in the Frontoffice,  e.g. at button cart, contact and so on.  Pls. refer to the picture.

The 'old' hosting plan was with Apache and MySQL,  the new is with nginx and MariaDB on SSD drives.  Not sure if this can be a reason?  The move was directly with copying all files and import DB via phpMyAdmin. 

We are not using the standard theme,  but when i change the frontend theme to default, the FontAwesome will NOT be loaded either.

I have checked path and files again and again and the files are stored correctly,  i also have tried various permissions, without any effect.  In  global.css  there is the following call:

src: url ("../ fonts / font-awesome / fontawesome-webfont.eot? v = 4.6.3");

src: url ("../ fonts / font-awesome / fontawesome-webfont.eot? # iefix & v = 4.6.3") format ("embedded-opentype"), url ("../ fonts / font-awesome / fontawesome -webfont.woff2? v = 4.6.3 ") format (" woff2 "), url (" ../ fonts / font-awesome / fontawesome-webfont.woff? v = 4.6.3 ") format (" woff ") , url ("../ fonts / font-awesome / fontawesome-webfont.ttf? v = 4.6.3") format ("truetype"), url ("../ fonts / font-awesome / fontawesome-webfont.svg ? v = 4.6.3 # fontawesomeregular ") format (" svg ");

and the direct path on server is:  /public_html/shop/themes/community-theme-default/fonts/font-awesome

So this file is also offered for download when called up in the browser and is therefore found (the other file extensions too):

mydomain.xyz/themes/community-theme-default/fonts/font-awesome/fontawesome-webfont.eot
mydomain.xyz/themes/community-theme-default/fonts/font-awesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff2
etc.

We have deleted or emptied the .htaccess  too,  but with no success or other result.  Do you have any idea or solution?!  thank you

fontsawesome_error2.jpg

Edited by DRMasterChief

On 4/4/2020 at 7:57 AM, toplakd said:

....However, i just tried and deleted my .htaccess on stock tb instalation and generated one through Preferences/Seo & URLs/Generate .htaccess file

Generated file does indeed have

AddType application/font-woff .woff
AddType application/font-woff2 .woff2

Yes, i have also done this in BO  to make sure the .htaccess is up to date after the migration,  and it shows this also!  I will check the old and the new .htaccess and compare. 

At the moment i can not share the Domain, pls. understand.   The hoster make a migration to an Apache Server,  at the moment it was LiteSpeed server and i thought this could be a part of the problem....  I will be back here soon when migratin is done.