thirty bees forum

Does Migration completely replace all of PS?

Naldinho

Question

I have a PrestaShop site -- it has various things that have stopped working over the years. Mostly backoffice stuff. 

My question is will the 30 Bees migration basically install a clean version of 30 Bees and then just import the data the PS shop?

My understanding is that 30 Bees is a fork of PS so I'm concerned that if migration does not completely replace everything from the old PS shop that the problems we have currently will just follow us to 30 Bees.

Can someone give me any direction on this?

9 answers to this question

One thing to be careful about is if you have overrides and theme customizations.  I debugged two problems after transitioning from PS.  One with Mail Alerts not sending emails and the other with PDF causing a database exception.  It turns out I had files in the original PS Community Theme customization and some overrides I had that were the problem.  Use the debug feature under the Advance Parameters, Performance to help find any problems. I was able to update the files so all works fine.

Edited by Rhapsody

Thank you for all the help -- migration involved zero hassles

I did get one error

SQL 2.1.0.8 1064 in INSERT INTO `ps_configuration`(`name`, `value`, `date_add`, `date_upd`) SELECT 'TB_MAIL_SUBJECT_TEMPLATE', '[{shop_name}] {subject}', NOW(), NOW() WHERE ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `ps_configuration` WHERE `name` = 'TB_MAIL_SUBJECT_TEMPLATE' ) = 0: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `ps_configuration` WHERE `name` = 'TB_M' at line 3

but the store seems to be working fine so I don't think it was something critical.

I do have an issue that pretty urls doesn't work but that issue was present before migration. I moved the PrestaShop store to a new server as part of the update process and I believe I must have made an error with Apache configuration that is preventing redirects. That is on me and has zero to do with migration. Migration was ridiculously easy and I look forward to building a better store on 30 Bees 

No. That's nothing critical, as its only related to "Advanced Parameters/Email/Email subject template" field, which is missing "[{shop_name}] {subject}". You have to add it manually.

1266993589_Screenshot_2020-04-13E-mailMyStore.png.d85dfaf3ee54c79a4f3157288c408222.png

Now after upgrade, install core updater, update to latest bleeding edge.

Apply fixes in Core Updater / Database schema (for developers) (second tab)

Install Datakick consistency check module and check with that.

Than you are ready to go.

It's always good that you do all the upgrades and fixes on spare copy of your live shop, so you can check if everything works as it should.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toplakd said:

It's always good that you do all the upgrades and fixes on spare copy of your live shop, so you can check if everything works as it should.

@toplakd

How does the Bleeding Edge channel work? for example I see issue-289, issue-396 ... in the Core Updater dropdown list.  Does each update need to be installed manually, or is there a way to get them all at once?  

Actually there is one small issue I'm having -- front page loads fine on my computer but tried to access it from a different computer and some images are missing.  Works fine on my computer unless I use the browser incognito mode then they are missing

I have the default PrestaShop theme and the slider pictures are all gone and just the alt text for them slides. Also images from the theme configuration that go on the front page also missing. Also one picture in a different module also missing.

I've tried disable and re-enable the module + disabled all the cache features + cleared cache + regenerated thumbnails for images. None of that helped.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Solved it.

In case anyone ends up here by searching for the same issue.

The image files get deleted so if you backed up your site before migration by downloading the entire public_html directory then all you need to do is upload the images back to their modules -- in my case themeconfig, homeslider, and blockstore.

If you don't know what module you're looking for just go to modules on the local copy and search for .png Once you see the missing image right click and open in location will give you the name of the module. Then just use ftp to replace the image on the server ensuring that it had the right owner and permissions.

Edited by Naldinho