thirty bees forum

Redirect needed - will pay someone for help :(

CoffeeGuy

A while ago, someone worked on my back-end store (maybe a year? More) and they set up a redirect through the back office (not cpanel of my hosting) that redirects traffic to a certain page once a certain page is visited. It's urgent that i now have that redirect moved, but have no idea how to do it.  Please, someone help

Whenever someone visits www.bryankollar.com/coffeeguy, the first thing they see is "new arrivals, popular, and best sellers." I want it to display the first tab in my store, which is "KCups." 

Please, I really need help asap. 😞 I can't do a redirect in CPANEL because it would be an endless loop since it was done in the backoffice part of my site.

Edited by CoffeeGuy

As said, no redirect was made in back office as such behaviour is standard with stock theme and those 3 modules installed.

You can either uninstall those 3 modules or unhook them from displayHomeTab in modules/positions , this means home page center column will be therefore empty.

And thank you once again for the response. One last question.... I'm not even sure what 3 modules to uninstall. Can you tell me which ones so I can see what it looks like with those uninstalled? I can just disable them to check it out and re-enable if needed. Thank you!

Dude, I think you are in deep trouble because you are failing to understand how this system works.

If you need to show something on homepage and you see it in other parts of your site redirects ARE NOT the way to go.

Just tell us what you want to do?

You want to show all your products on the homepage or what?
Do you need some banners or sliders there or just products?

2 minutes ago, toplakd said:

He wants that his home page is redirected to desired category.

Or other way, he wants his category to be the home landing page.

I understood that but I want him to start learning the system because if I say "You should not do that in this way!" He/she will continue to try to do it because he/she is not understanding the basics...

Edited by the.rampage.rado
  • Like 1

I don't have this theme on any of my sites so I can't advise what module (from those that come with the system) to activate in order to show the needed products as in category.

I would not do it that way though... I will show some simple slider or some banners (2 or 3) and then under that I will show single line slider with the needed products.

If you have 2 pages with identical (or nearly identical) design it will be confusing for the customer.

Also the home page of every website is very specific page which has it's features. The online shops need it as it storefront. 

If you have brick n mortar shop would you put on your window your favourite products only or would you use it to build your presence, brand recognition and show the diversity you offer to your customers?

------

On other hand - I can help you do what you need with warehouse but it's paid theme. (no affiliation to the author)

I haven't installed any yet. I do have a commercial that links to a youtube video  that I was thinking of putting there, but other than that, i'm not sure what else to put there. 😞 I wish I could have my main Kcup page as that home page. I think by doing a redirect incorrectly I crashed my server and now the page won't even load. 

I just checked my site from my cellular (instead of wi-fii) and it loads, so I assume my IP address is blocked. Contacting server people now so they can unblock it. Then I can check the slider question and log in. Thank you for your continued help. I hope you're around in about 15 minutes. 

I'm here.

Whatever I would like to check Panda and Warehouse theme and decide on which one of them you like more and invest in one. 90 USD is just steal for both of them.

They offer far more options to customise your website than the stock theme. And you will sell more because of that.