thirty bees forum

Free modules & templates

MichaelEZ

Hi ! 

As i was browsing internet today - i did stamble on this somehow:  

https://module-presta.com/modules/prestashop-1-6-compatible.html

A LOT OF very nice modules and even templates for free 😉 I´m currently unable to test them, will try at home. Just wanted to share this one for others 🙂

Ohh..and well dont forget covid-19 as it brought us free stuff so i guess thank you too? 

enjoy! 

• Like 4

360 View looked good with bugs

I know it seems rude & loony to keep editing a post above others, but - hey! - it keeps one person's notes all in one place for reference, so here goes in a fair way I hope. I have spent time reading years-old threads for reference and hope this one helps.

On version 1.1, fresh install, the plugin works well enough to try to fix with styling. Until I try to enter my second products ordinary image in the ordinary way and get a red pop-up instead: 

parsererror: Syntax Error: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

So the rest of my research is pointless but here it is.

On version 1.1.issue905 real site I need

override/controllers/front/XProductController.php

This /ProductController.php is from Thirtybees and updates a bit of code style. I am not sure how it got there - probably from a bleeding edge update. The "X" disables it. Without the X I got something like 

[Debug] This page has moved
Please use the following URL instead: https://www.example.com/ page=productcontroller

Now I can find my product pages again, which is a good, and I get a link to upload pictures next to each product editing page.

When the module works it puts a 360 view button near your order button and attempts to turn the first thumbnail into an icon link as well. 

The bug is that it shows the title of each picture, which is a number in a column down the left of the pop-up fancybox. This squeezes the picture out of the box. There is a line in their template file 'titleShow' : false which looks like something from a previous version of https://fancyapps.com/fancybox/3/docs/ - all above my head. Anyway, this in the custom code part of the back office sorts it.

#threesixty-list.fancybox-skin {font-size: 0; background: transparent;}
#threesixty-list.fancybox-outer, .fancybox-inner {position: inherit;}
#belvg360inner span {background: transparent;}
#threesixty img {top: 0;left: 0;}

editing this post again 12/5/20 I noticed minor error messages in the logs, if I wanted to look for them, saying

PHP Notice:  Trying to get property 'value' of non-object

I only paid attention too late, because I hadn't set-up regular backups. The major error message on a white screen that stops the site working is

Fatal error: 
Declaration of 
AdminLoginControllerCore::viewAccess() 
must be compatible with 
AdminControllerCore::viewAccess($disable = false) 
in 
/home/example/public_html/controllers/admin/AdminLoginController.php on line 32

So I learned to keep backups turned-on and only to test on trial sites.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
SEO module gets an 500 page error message instead of an admin template
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Megamenu module installs OK - that's all I know
https://module-presta.com/media/guides/MegaMenu User Guide.pdf . I haven't found out if it turns-on.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Hover installs OK, but I haven't found out if it turns on. Probably not because it should be obvious. Same on PS1.6.1.24 

One Page Checkout - (just copying what I said a few posts down to make a neat list) - it installs but says "ThirtyBeesException Cannot use object of type Carrier as array when rendering smarty template modules/opc/views/templates/front/order-opc.tpl" when you try to use it.

Edited by veganline
notes updated from experiments / deleted web archive link

Have had a look though their site, wonder why everything is free... Only thing I can think of is because 1.6 is being made obsolete.. They may be a good candidate to get on board with which ever way we are going

9 hours ago, AndyC said:

Have had a look though their site, wonder why everything is free.

They have a banner on their home page saying "All our Modules & Themes are Now Free due to the COVID-19 Outbreak!"

That's a very nice gesture 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One step checkout worked first time on the latest PS1.6
It didn't work second time; there was an error message "Impossible to add the product to the cart. Please refresh page." Anyway once was enough to see what it is.

It's a pretty three-column layout by someone who hasn't spotted the faults of the default one. It has a "Save Address" button right down on the bottom left corner and "Please Sign In to See Payment Methods". Similar to the other OPC modules that are on offer

Thanks.. Have tried a few to see , but with me they all seem to have issues of some sort ...Like the sticker mod I was really after and would have paid if I could ... I was testing and it was perfect but had a issue as is missing a page in admin.. But even after moving the module and deleting the images they are still there and just cannot get rid of them on 2 products.. I may even contact them and ask

I wish I'd turned-on daily backups when testing this 360 thing. It got better over a day or two, but with hide-able errors, and then I got white screens and error messages all over the place! A site with nearly no modules and a native theme seems the safe way to go.