thirty bees forum

Site vanished?? Black Bar across it.

bhtoys

Question

As you can see in the image. This is what my site looks like after coming out of maintenance mode.
I changed themes, same thing. I've not made any changes to the layout of the site, other than mess around with the taxes.

screen.jpg

11 answers to this question

If you change themes few more times it can get even 'prettier'...

First of all - what you changed before maintanence? Surely it can't be just taxes.

Second - after changing themes they do some minor adjustments that we don't need when debugging this issue - do you have recen backup you can revert to? If not does your host make daily incremental backups that you can use?

12 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

If you change themes few more times it can get even 'prettier'...

I only changed it once, AFTER that black bar appeared. 

First of all - what you changed before maintanence? Surely it can't be just taxes.

Taxes were yesterday, and the site worked after that. Today I was checking Group Modifications. That wouldn't do it either.  Here's the logs screen.
image.thumb.png.587de453352be8095b0d0b39f18cb99a.png

Second - after changing themes they do some minor adjustments that we don't need when debugging this issue - do you have recen backup you can revert to? If not does your host make daily incremental backups that you can use?

Like I said, I changed the theme AFTER the black bar showed up. 
If I had a recent backup, I would of tried it. But I don't. 

I'll also say, everything in the admin is still there. products, sales, everything.

Edited by bhtoys

I believe that you have installed some theme with incorrect xml config file.

When you install theme, thirtybees will unhook all theme related module hooks (those that starts with display...), and then re-hook them back according to specification in config xml file. Config xml is the only source of truth here. If the module is not mentioned in theme config file, it will not display in the new theme by default. 

On a related note

Thirtybees 1.1.0 is very strict regarding this config.xml hook settings. Unfortunately, many themes comes with incorrect config file. These themes installed (somewhat) correctly on ps16. But that was only because the installation process in 1.6 was buggy as well - two wrongs produced somewhat ok result.

Thirtybees fixed these bugs in theme installation. The side effect of this 'fix' was that some module did not install correctly anymore.  

Because it's hard, or next to impossible, to force all theme developers to fix their config files, we have related the requirements a bit.

In bleeding edge, the theme with such incorrect config file will install, but it will produce quite a lot of warnings. The xml file for that theme should be fixed.