thirty bees forum

the "best" theme

LCortes

Question

Dear all,

I'm very new at both TB and e-commerce, so some of my questions are quiet basic. Also, sorry for my English...

I would like to start a discussion about the "best" theme for TB. i know that it depends a lot of personal preference... for me, the Niara theme is visually the "best" because it's very clean, but because I had so much trouble configuring it, I give a try to community theme, and it runs smoother...

Is that possible that community theme runs better? If that's true (well, it was for me, but maybe it was a bad first installation), what would be the "best" theme? The one that runs better, with less error and more future support? I would like to have a beautiful shop, but honestly, I'd prefer a stable one.

(EDITED)
Some of issues that I found, was some missing translations while changing theme.

Thanks to all

Edited by LCortes

6 answers to this question

If you want an out of the box theme to just turn on, then Niara or Community probably are your best options. If you're wanting a lot of flexibility in design choices, but understand it will take you time to configure it correctly, then Panda is your best option.

Dear x97wehner, thank you for your reply

I'm very happy with Niara and community themes... I like more the Niara because is a clean design. But I think community is more complete and has more features (Am I right?)

I had some problems with translations and features but i think I already found why: because I change Niara theme (some colors and positions) and didn't want to loose original settings, I made a new theme based in Niara. That is not working properly.

Now I will try to work directly in Niara and not in a copy to see if problem persists.

1 hour ago, LCortes said:

Dear x97wehner, thank you for your reply

I'm very happy with Niara and community themes... I like more the Niara because is a clean design. But I think community is more complete and has more features (Am I right?)

I had some problems with translations and features but i think I already found why: because I change Niara theme (some colors and positions) and didn't want to loose original settings, I made a new theme based in Niara. That is not working properly.

Now I will try to work directly in Niara and not in a copy to see if problem persists.

I really haven't played around much with Niara or Community once I realized some of the limitations in basic configuration. Currenty, I use Warehouse actually. It works really well, but the developer doesn't support it anymore, so I don't recommend only for that reason.

12 minutes ago, OlavS said:

Hi

But any theme made for PS 1.6 will work on TB? I asked some developers and they said they dont know

Regards

There's no reason for them to not work. However

• there can be some initial problems after theme installation, as many ps16 themes comes with flawed config.xml file. Thirtybees more strictly following instruction from this file - ps16 was more lenient here. Which means, after theme installation, some modules might not be enabled, and you will need to do it manually.
  • because thirtybees uses newer smarty version than ps16, there is and infamous issue in checkout page. This bug manifests with Cannot use object of type Carrier as array error message. The issue is well understood, but unfortunately it can't be fixed in the core. It must be fixed in individual themes. Fortunately, fix is fairly simple. Note that not all themes are affected by this issue

On 5/29/2020 at 1:05 PM, LCortes said:

Dear all,

I'm very new at both TB and e-commerce, so some of my questions are quiet basic. Also, sorry for my English...

I would like to start a discussion about the "best" theme for TB. i know that it depends a lot of personal preference... for me, the Niara theme is visually the "best" because it's very clean, but because I had so much trouble configuring it, I give a try to community theme, and it runs smoother...

Is that possible that community theme runs better? If that's true (well, it was for me, but maybe it was a bad first installation), what would be the "best" theme? The one that runs better, with less error and more future support? I would like to have a beautiful shop, but honestly, I'd prefer a stable one.

(EDITED)
Some of issues that I found, was some missing translations while changing theme.

Thanks to all

Hi

Welcome to Thirty bees. For me personally the "best modern theme" is without a doubt Panda. And at a great price too (for what you get, it's a bargain)
https://www.sunnytoo.com/product/panda-creative-responsive-prestashop-theme

Check out the Panda great demos (TB/PS 1.6):
http://panda2.sunnytoo.com/select-demo.html

Regarding the built-in TB themes:
Community and Niara have issues, especially when it comes to mobile responsive, which is a must these days.

Panda is still actively maintained and kept up-to-date. It has aweseome modern layout options (great mobile options) and has more customisation options than most themes.
It's extremely feature reach and is one of the best themes you can get.
Many merchants use it here, so if you encouter a problem you can let us or ST Themes @Jonny know.

Edited by Theo