thirty bees forum

error when going to different menus in BO

Havouza

Hi!
I now get an error when I try to go somewhere from the admin menu. this one going to cs import tab.
What we have done is to update from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04. Backup is then restored. 
Looks to me like a permission problem but I tested with 777 and I get the same error

All errors is about the same, only the last folder can be different

Se screenshot

screenshot error tb.png

What about server user? Is it the same that before upgrading? Can you log in via ssh? You can try creating a folder there, or just 'touch filetest' to try creating a new file.

Edited by Wartin

This can happen when there is a directory higher in the tree where you (your web server) don't have execute permission. If a parent directory has no execute permission, then user cannot stat any subdirectories (regardless of the permissions on those subdirectories and/or files).

Anyway, this is not an application issue, it's server misconfiguration 

18 minutes ago, lesley said:

It will also throw that error when the server is out of disk space too, so clearing the cache is only a temporary solution, it will run out of space again. I would check the free space on the disk. 

Hi Lesley. It has about 800 Gbyte free space

Well this problem is now solved. A very strange error I must say. @lesley pointed me in the right direction. I can say it had nothing to do with permissions. 
I use webmin as CP. Somethingf happened during last update. The VPS has 1 domain and the setting has been that the domain has unlimited disk space. The shop take about 21 Gb and the disk is 1 TB.

When I checked the suotes for the domain I discovered that the disk quota for the domain was set to 1 Gb. Shop works as normal.

Anyway, when I set the quota to unlimited all the errors disappeared.

One warning. I was advised to delete 2 folders in the Smarty folder. I tried that a couple of times and tb just chrashed. I also tested it after I fixed the problems. The same crash. They folders will not be recreated and a backup need to be restored or as I do it, roll back a snapshot

15 minutes ago, Havouza said:

One warning. I was advised to delete 2 folders in the Smarty folder. I tried that a couple of times and tb just chrashed. I also tested it after I fixed the problems. The same crash. They folders will not be recreated and a backup need to be restored or as I do it, roll back a snapshot

You are right, tb does not recreate them automatically. It should, but it doesn't. Maybe somebody will fix this bug in the future.

Sorry for the bad advice. The correct advice is to delete the content of /cache/smarty/compile and /cache/smarty/cache directories

On 7/29/2020 at 12:00 PM, datakick said:

You are right, tb does not recreate them automatically. It should, but it doesn't. Maybe somebody will fix this bug in the future.

Sorry for the bad advice. The correct advice is to delete the content of /cache/smarty/compile and /cache/smarty/cache directories

Probably if I had made new folder cache and compile it had probably started again but now I know.