thirty bees forum

Stripe Module not working.

bhtoys

So here's the deal. I've got the test keys working perfectly. Did a couple of test orders via them. 

When I activate it to go live, I can't pay for anything.

The option to enter a CC # is missing. When I click on the space above that (Stripe : Pay by Credit Card), it just pops me back up to the top of that page. 

When I click on the section where you're supposed to enter your CC#, (Pay with card) it takes me back to the address page. 

I've been struggling with this for two weeks. It's for a not for profit BIA, with the money raised from these items going to Food4Kids, and the site is slated to go live in a few days. 

I've never run into an issue like this before where the test version works, but the live version doesn't. Any suggestions? 

image.thumb.png.6b7c35d5d7dbd34aa6d33b7ebcf109cc.png

Edited by bhtoys

I have it running with no issue is both test and live setting. I set it up according to documentation on the module. I found the embedded form that you show at the bottom to be non-user friendly so these settings pop them to the stripe payment page when they click the link, similar to how PayPal works, if you are familiar. Here are my settings that are working:

image.thumb.png.6a49e494a164a951d42939f327733ceb.png

image.thumb.png.dc41c6bd355777895273cd731fc8ea94.pngimage.thumb.png.b9c2db6260471c10aac78ff447f7e896.png

image.thumb.png.5026d2f701f3e709973e69e5468ee32f.png

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 5:31 PM, datakick said:

4 minutes ago, x97wehner said:

I have it running with no issue is both test and live setting. I set it up according to documentation on the module. I found the embedded form that you show at the bottom to be non-user friendly so these settings pop them to the stripe payment page when they click the link, similar to how PayPal works, if you are familiar. Here are my settings that are working:

Thanks!

Set mine up the same as yours just now - still get the "pop" to the top of that page. 
Extremely frustrating. Especially with a deadline. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, x97wehner said:

Other than that, all I can advise is making sure to clear all cache in both you store, as well as your browser (Or just use another browser) to ensure that is not the issue.

Tried three browsers, and my phone. One of them should of worked by now. Appreciate the help. 

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Edited by bhtoys

If you look into your javascript console, you will find the reason:

Live Stripe.js integrations must use HTTPS. For more information: https://stripe.com/docs/security#tls

You have to Enable SSL , and you should also set automatic redirect from http to https version. Read here for more info

• 1 month later...

Stripe module: does anyone have any debugging ideas?

Mine does not return customers to a valid confirmation page. It looks for something lyike 
https://veganline.com/gerbil/module/stripe/validation?type=checkout but the url has no code on it.

I copied the shop to this test version, updated to bleeding edge, updated the module, put it in test mode, and learned how to turn on Javascript console. No luck. The only javascript error is about Google Pay and goes away if I turn off Google Pay.

Solved!
I tried reverting to the default themes/niara/order-opc-new-account.tpl and it worked.
Now I have to remember why I changed the old one...
@datackick thank you!

--------------

The old one is the same as
https://github.com/thirtybees/niara/blob/master/order-opc-new-account.tpl
give or take the text on the "save" button, so I must have messed something else up or maybe some update helped.

The problem went away when I disabled overrides and came back when enabled. On a copy of the site I deleted each one on Cpanel till /override/classes/mail.php turned-out to be the culpret. My copy of Prestools Suite listed the live ones and I think there's a module as well, and a live list made this possible. override/classes/mail.php was a terse, sensible-looking over-ride designed to send copies of all customer emails to the merchant. I forget which module installed it - probably something long deleted that left the code there, or maybe I put it there. Anyway, that's the problem and I think I now get a copy of the customer email as well with default modules.

/override/classes/mail.php (780kb) re-appears. Strange.

Edited by veganline
detail on what caused the problem