thirty bees forum

Catagory issue can someone give me a pointer please

The Pellet Guy

I had a customer point out to me one of the catagories is linking back to the home page and not sure how to fix it or what the actual problem is

all the other catagories work flawlessly, I tried deleting the catagory and rebuilding it  and associating the products to the catagory and it does the same

in the screen shot you will see bottom left while mouse over it appears to be pointing to the correct address, i have done all the normal cleared cache  and cleared cache on local pc and im stuck

Url is https://www.thepelletguys.com/match-tackle

tools error 2.png

In Degug Mode I get this when I try to edit the sub catagory

tool debug.JPG

Edited by The Pellet Guy

Its the Tools sub catergory bottom right that is throwing the problem  i can't get my head around it  I have checked and I have set it up exactly the same,   when you mouse over  the address its pointing to is correct but resolves to the home page  

Edited by The Pellet Guy

I renamed it tools and Gadgets and it works 

I made another catergory  Tools2  added the products and it worked so i deleted the non working Catergory  thinking I could cheat the stystem and rename tools2  to just Tools  and as soon as I renamed to Tools  clicking the imaged resolved to the home page,  renaming the Catergory to Tools & Gadgets  worked.

Now thats what you call a ghost in the machine

5 minutes ago, The Pellet Guy said:

to just Tools  and as soon as I renamed to Tools  clicking the imaged resolved to the home page,  renaming the Catergory to Tools & Gadgets  worked.

It seems like a rewrite to me. Is there anything referring to 'tools' in your .htaccess?

Check out SEO and URLs and regenerate your .htaccess.

Try renaming again to tools2, and accessing to tools. If it redirects you to homepage it has nothing to do with your category, but with your web server treating 'tools' in a special way.

• Like 1

I tried the above and same result it resolves to Home page  switched back to tools and gadgets which in all hoesty isnt a problem and it worked as it should,  there is something going on with the word tools,  as long as it doesnt throw any errors down the line  I can live with a name change

• Like 1

• 1 year later...