thirty bees forum

Forced opt in and newsletter?

Russ

Hi Guys, I disabled both newsletter sign up and opt-in in the settings as per his image.

image.png.7c176779b2c6ea7154020b8723e94567.png

As we can see at the bottom of the signup form there are neither options:

image.png.bc387909da207d3b6c724824fe5d194c.png

However when pressing the register button I get this:
image.png.3ef93fafc2844467f76afeb7da61ccfb.png

Am I missing another setting somewhere?

Cheers!

Russ

image.png

Edited by Russ

I thought somebody might know how to help with this Guys - any staff have any ideas?

image.png.06fb4cfcdca8781672f1e8f29abb8a01.png
I re-enabled the newsletter and Opt in features - 

Here I am creatng a new account on the front end:
image.png.d4a14246c2062a6d09fb17ab1e63fb55.png
I chose not to receive offers from partners and now:

image.png.ca4b6c79cc172390337bacf2e3dc2479.png
So the website is telling me that Opting in is COMPULSORY?

This can't be right surely - Can somebody please tell me how to fix this or which file to edit?

image.png.868ebb229f56dee5d78ee78e924086f9.png

Thanks Guys 
Russ

image.png

11 minutes ago, Russ said:

This can't be right surely - Can somebody please tell me how to fix this or which file to edit?

Hello. I'm not sure, as I don't use neither optin or newsletter, but in Localization -> countries you can select some mandatory things in client's address.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, haylau said:

Have you created a new installation? It used to be shop1.wingate now it is shop.wingate

So, just to be 100% certain You have changed the settings in shop? not shop1?

Thanks for getting involved - yes I started this installation in shop1 as I was testing out a couple of different shop scripts and another script was in shop at that point BUT I deleted the other script then got my webhost to move the installation to shop.wingates as this was always going to be the address for the webshop. - I deleted the folder shop1 in my hosting last week so no confusion there..

I can't find a setting anywhere to make these optins optional as they should be.. Any ideas? 

22 minutes ago, Wartin said:

Hello. I'm not sure, as I don't use neither optin or newsletter, but in Localization -> countries you can select some mandatory things in client's address.

Hi Wartin - I only hve UK enabled - I just looked at that and there don't appear to be any options for newsletter signup or optin - I am thinking there should be a setting somewhere for this - how does it behave on Your site? Can your customers on signing up either opt in or not? - Thanks!

My first post in this thread was saying that these fields are being insisted upon even when I have disabled them.. aaargh!

Edited by Russ

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

I am thinking there should be a setting somewhere for this - how does it behave on Your site? Can your customers on signing up either opt in or not? - Thanks!

It works as expected. I set 'Registration process type' to 'account only'. When somebody buys something has to write the address.

Maybe you could try upgrading to the last bleeding edge, 1.1.x, that's the most stable version now.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Should be this but just in case. Advanced Parameters > Performance, Switch Cache off. And make sure ‘Never clear Cache files’ is NOT selected

Have you tried uninstalling the newsletter module?

Try switching the Enable newsletter and option check boxes to ON, then use the registration form, then switch to OFF and try again

Check the PS_Configuration tables for PS_Cusomter _OptIN and PS_Customer_Nwsl to make sure they are set to 0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wartin said:

It works as expected. I set 'Registration process type' to 'account only'. When somebody buys something has to write the address.

Maybe you could try upgrading to the last bleeding edge, 1.1.x, that's the most stable version now.

Good luck!

image.png.7555cc0b616aba41aa9fb577377b1d4b.png that's the latest update I presume?

I updated it to that anyway.. it was 1.1 before

Now check this out - I also set it to 'acount only' and then tried the form again - here it is:
image.thumb.png.956eb2fde3b300f30477323e40b87527.png
It's plain to see that both Newsletter and Optin are not enabled (they're not there in the form) BUT the script is still saying they are required/compulsory - I don't get it and it's driving me nuts! - I need to be going live soon and to be honest I can't as it is...

image.png.a4ccaaeef7c642c88a061cd25b2ebe4d.png

Anybody please? 

Edited by Russ

13 minutes ago, datakick said:

when you updated to 1.1.x, did you update themes as well (I'm assuming you are using niara)

Edited this: I couldn't see an easy way to update the theme so I went to Github thinking I would add the latest version and the up to date theme is 1.1 which is the one I have anyway..

Any other ideas? anybody please?

Edited by Russ

• 7 months later...