thirty bees forum

add in customers to catagory

RonGin

Hi, I am trying to add in 1968 names into my wholesale category.  When I upload it goes and then when I look there is no customers.   

I am add my header I have in the cvs upload sheet below labels my edit. then I am adding the one I received from thirty bees.   My customer list has no names so for the last name I put company store and took off the * for required in first name. Other than that I changed nothing. I would like to upload this asap so please try and respond with help very soon. 

my edit.JPG

thirtybees_customer_download.JPG

2 hours ago, RonGin said:

Hi, I am trying to add in 1968 names into my wholesale category.  When I upload it goes and then when I look there is no customers.   

I am add my header I have in the cvs upload sheet below labels my edit. then I am adding the one I received from thirty bees.   My customer list has no names so for the last name I put company store and took off the * for required in first name. Other than that I changed nothing. I would like to upload this asap so please try and respond with help very soon. 

my edit.JPG

thirtybees_customer_download.JPG

As seen in the picture, the date format is not correct. Instead of 4/2/1987 it should read 1987/02/04 (that is what yyyy-mm-dd means)

Good luck!

3 hours ago, Wartin said:

As seen in the picture, the date format is not correct. Instead of 4/2/1987 it should read 1987/02/04 (that is what yyyy-mm-dd means)

Good luck!

The picture you are referring to is what I downloaded as an example from thirty bees. However I took out the birthday column I don't use it. Maybe you can't take column out? 

I just tried again this is the errors its seems that the program is looking for some sort of sequence in the first and last name.  I don't use them how can I over-ride this to import what I put into the blocks?

Capture_error.JPG

Edited by RonGin
add to text

59 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

Lastname is required. So you might make it the same as the email address.

I have changed that and last name error still appears I have attached a new copy of excel

9 hours ago, haylau said:

That is saying last name is empty, It can’t be empty as it is a required field

Would be easier for us to see some actual data that you are importing. So we can see what is in the cells

customer_error.JPG

8 hours ago, RonGin said:

I have changed that and last name error still appears I have attached a new copy of excel

customer_error.JPG

As Haylau said, maybe the problem is that '@'. Try filling the column with what is before the '@'. Or just with 'Doe', just to try.

Always make backup of your databases :)

1 hour ago, Wartin said:

As Haylau said, maybe the problem is that '@'. Try filling the column with what is before the '@'. Or just with 'Doe', just to try.

Always make backup of your databases :)

Hi I have tried changing the names with john doe , buyer, I still get the message that the name field is empty.  Is there a way to clear the cache in thirty bees, might be pickup up residue tries.

9 hours ago, RonGin said:

Hi I have tried changing the names with john doe , buyer, I still get the message that the name field is empty.  Is there a way to clear the cache in thirty bees, might be pickup up residue tries.

But in the excel screenshot the name is empty.

Yes, sometimes you need to clear the cache. It is in Advanced parameters -> Performance. (there is a search bar in the top-left, if you cannot find it search for 'cache').