thirty bees forum

Default Shipping Value? Log Out Time?

bhtoys

Question

So when a customer re-visits the site, it defaults to what the shipping was last time they were there. 

Is there any way to set it that NO shipping price is shown until after the user puts in their shipping address? 

Alternatively, is there any way to time people out from the site? Like, have the site log them out 2 hours after they logged in?

8 answers to this question

I don't know if I'm explaining this right. 

Before a customer creates an account, or logs back in, the site always gives them a shipping price. Even before they've entered an address. 

I'd like it to not post any shipping fee until they select one. 
Is that possible?

7 hours ago, bhtoys said:

Before a customer creates an account, or logs back in, the site always gives them a shipping price. Even before they've entered an address. 

I think it shows the cheapest shipping price. As I have 'pick up at store', it shows 'free shipping' to everybody. I couldn't fix that, some clients have thought shipping was free and then realized it wasn't in the checkout.

No module... it seems to be a default with the cart. It says shipping is ALWAYS $20 - before you even log in. This is new. It wasn't doing this last week. 

It's making people not place an order... A small item on the site would be about $6 shipping. But it's telling people $20 before they even create an account or log in. I've tried multiple things and it's still there. 
It would be great if it didn't show shipping at all until you get to the checkout. 

9 minutes ago, Wartin said:

I think it shows the cheapest shipping price. As I have 'pick up at store', it shows 'free shipping' to everybody. I couldn't fix that, some clients have thought shipping was free and then realized it wasn't in the checkout.

Except my cheapest price is FREE PICK UP, next is $5 local delivery, then $15, then $20

I'd rather it say "Shipping at Checkout" why isn't that a thing?

Edited by bhtoys

17 minutes ago, bhtoys said:

Except my cheapest price is FREE PICK UP, next is $5 local delivery, then $15, then $20

Check the carrier, the second tab, it is possible that it's choosing the most expensive.

I would prefer not to show free nor any price too. I'm not sure if it is an option. If it's not, it's time to read the cart code.

Hi,  you can set the time for Cookie in the Backend, if you set to 0 it should be cleared when Browsertab is closed.  At next visit the customer shoule be "clean" and standard/first shipping rate is shown.  Maybe this helps in the meantime.

Maybe yes, it is dumb, but in some countries it is needed by law that B2C shows the shipping costs  (and yes, we all know that it is very difficult to manage this by webshops).