thirty bees forum

Bug in adress step

rubben1985

Hi, I just discovered a bug in the address step.

The check button on "same invoice address" does have some troubles because can be activated and sometimes it shows both address and sometimes hide the repeated one. I discovered it seems to change the behavior each time we enter in this step keeping the "actual state" as the option that hides the second address. I mean: if use same address was activated, entering an unchecking the box will show the second address-> this is correct. But if we uncheck, go back and forward, "checking" the box, will show this time the second address.

As it is complicate to understand we recorded a video:

https://www.loom.com/share/7969460c80fe4517ac3721cdf177e3b6

You can see the wrong behavior in second 22

Note: I am not sure if hiding the address when "use same" checkbox is activated is the natural behavior or it was a modification we made here in the forum.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:31 AM, rubben1985 said:

Hi, I just discovered a bug in the address step.

The check button on "same invoice address" does have some troubles because can be activated and sometimes it shows both address and sometimes hide the repeated one. I discovered it seems to change the behavior each time we enter in this step keeping the "actual state" as the option that hides the second address. I mean: if use same address was activated, entering an unchecking the box will show the second address-> this is correct. But if we uncheck, go back and forward, "checking" the box, will show this time the second address.

As it is complicate to understand we recorded a video:

https://www.loom.com/share/7969460c80fe4517ac3721cdf177e3b6

You can see the wrong behavior in second 22

Note: I am not sure if hiding the address when "use same" checkbox is activated is the natural behavior or it was a modification we made here in the forum.

Maybe you're using 3 step checkout for Niara? I think I added that behavior.

The idea is that if you want the same address it should not show two addresses. I don't see an incorrect behavior with checkbox in your video, but it should start hidden, and then, if you want a different address for invoice you have to click the checkbox.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 5:15 PM, Wartin said:

Maybe you're using 3 step checkout for Niara? I think I added that behavior.

The idea is that if you want the same address it should not show two addresses. I don't see an incorrect behavior with checkbox in your video, but it should start hidden, and then, if you want a different address for invoice you have to click the checkbox.

If you want same adress is good to show only one, that is correct. The problem is that each time you go out of the section that makes that "state" the one that only shows one address (does not matter if you want both adress to be the same or not)

Go to 0:20 sec in the video. You can see how I mark: "use same adress for invoice and shippin"g and this makes to show "two adresses" even if that usually means to show only one (it makes this because previously i unmarked and went back)

It is very confusing to explain :S

56 minutes ago, rubben1985 said:

Go to 0:20 sec in the video. You can see how I mark: "use same adress for invoice and shippin"g and this makes to show "two adresses" even if that usually means to show only one (it makes this because previously i unmarked and went back)

Here it seems to be working well, if the checkbox is marked it shows two addresses, if it's not, it shows only one. No matter if I go to the third step and then go back.

But i'm not using toplakd version, I made some changes for niara (i uploaded the .zip in the same thread)

1 hour ago, Wartin said:

Here it seems to be working well, if the checkbox is marked it shows two addresses

The checkbox is "use the same address" so it should hide the repeating address. But If you see, this bug also affects the opposite (check the video how marking the checkbox each time makes the opposite. It only matter what was last settting, not if was marked or unmarked) 

18 hours ago, rubben1985 said:
19 hours ago, Wartin said:

The checkbox is "use the same address" so it should hide the repeating address. But If you see, this bug also affects the opposite (check the video how marking the checkbox each time makes the opposite. It only matter what was last settting, not if was marked or unmarked) 

You could change that behavior changing the javascript function. Here is how to make it, in three different ways:

https://www.tutorialsrack.com/articles/403/how-to-show-and-hide-div-on-checkbox-check-or-uncheck-using-jquery-or-javascript

Hi. I think you have to change order-address.js in your theme. I'm not sure if this is the way to go or is preferable to add custom javascript.

image.png.251765045113370272433f84b931326c.png

In order to see more information like in the screenshot above you have to right click the element and then choose 'Inspect element'.

Good luck!

• Like 1