thirty bees forum

How is going?

hailong

@mdekker said in How is going?:

You can use it for new stores, but the migration has not been documented, so if you want to migrate it is better to wait until we have written about every detail of the process. Migrating will otherwise be tricky.

Good advice. My store is new since I started from Magento, moved to PS and now coming over to ThirtyBees. I only have 115 products online.

Here is a quick update of my migration. I have successfully migrated the product and category data with following SQLs. The only difference between the two databases is the new field introduced by TB1.0.0, which is 'displayfromsub', so excluded it when copying over the category table.

BTW, since we have not built up the product attribute data yet, just skipped the attributes related tables in my practice.

```

Table: category

Node: field 'displayfromsub' is not in the source table

insert into thirtybees.tbcategory (idcategory,idparent,idshopdefault,leveldepth,nleft,nright,active,dateadd,dateupd,position,isrootcategory) select idcategory,idparent,idshopdefault,leveldepth,nleft,nright,active,dateadd,dateupd,position,isrootcategory from prestashop.pscategory where id_category > 11;

Table: category_group

insert thirtybees.tbcategorygroup select * from prestashop.pscategorygroup where id_category > 11;

Table: category_lang

insert thirtybees.tbcategorylang select * from prestashop.pscategorylang where id_category > 11;

Table: category_shop

insert thirtybees.tbcategoryshop select * from prestashop.pscategoryshop where id_category > 11;

Set 'Maximum depth' setting of blockcategories module

Table: product

insert thirtybees.tbproduct select * from prestashop.psproduct where id_product > 7;

Table: product_lang

insert thirtybees.tbproductlang select * from prestashop.psproductlang where id_product > 7;

Table: product_shop

insert thirtybees.tbproductshop select * from prestashop.psproductshop where id_product > 7;

Table: category_product

insert thirtybees.tbcategoryproduct select * from prestashop.pscategoryproduct where id_category > 11;

Table: image

insert thirtybees.tbimage select * from prestashop.psimage where id_product > 7;

Table: image_lang

insert thirtybees.tbimagelang select * from prestashop.psimagelang where id_image > 23;

Table: image_shop

insert thirtybees.tbimageshop select * from prestashop.psimageshop where id_product > 7;

insert thirtybees.tbemployee select * from prestashop.psemployee where idemployee > 1; insert thirtybees.tbemployeeshop select * from prestashop.psemployeeshop where idemployee > 1; ```

I think he means that he will use just GA and all other by default statistic modules are completely useless! Actually I just need "available quantities" and "shop search" statistics. Maybe we need "how to" where it is explained how to disable every possible statistic modules without break the shop :)

I am not so sure, if this is true. I need better statistics about product sales for example. It doesn't differente between attributes. I haven't seen a good GA setup yet. As far as I know GA just takes infos by checkout. I also read in book about data analyse, that this part is not GA strenghts. But what if an order is cancelled? All in all I wish better statistics.

May be if you sell many products that is true. When you sell couple of thousand you will know the best sellers without module :) personally I don't find any need using the base statistics and I think they are just flooding the database and hurt my site performance.

I do not have so many products, about 1000. But something that worries me a lot about the migration is the images, I have an average of 5 images per product, it will be very complicated to add one by one.

Can you tell me if the images will be a problem?

@Global-Moderators @administrators @mdekker @lesley

Do you think it's a good idea to merge this forum topic with the one that has a clearly defined title - "Eager to Migrate from PrestaShop 1.6" at https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/35/eager-to-migrate-from-prestashop-1-6 so that when we get bigger, people will be able to find migration information easier? IMHO, no one is going to search for "how is going" to find PrestaShop Migration information.

@Anima said in How is going?:

But something that worries me a lot about the migration is the images, I have an average of 5 images per product, it will be very complicated to add one by one.

Can you tell me if the images will be a problem?

I hope not because I also have multiple images for some products.

Are we going to be able to add different image alt tags to each image?

What really worries me is the translation of the administrative area, I've already translated everything, and I can not translate that part.

I need everything 100% translated, because there are people to whom I will migrate the store that does not understand any English!