thirty bees forum

Just migrated from PS 1.6 using the migration tool and now I have a blank screen in Backoffice and online store...

papagino

Question

Hi, I just migrated from PS 1.6 using the migration tool and now I have a blank screen for both backoffice and website.

This is for a online webstore that's been online for many years.

I turned PS_MODE_DEV to true and I get this:

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home4/amaxmed1/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 5303

Fatal error: Access level to Link::getLangLink() must be public (as in class LinkCore) in /home4/amaxmed1/public_html/override/classes/Link.php on line 192

Host currently setup with PHP 7.3

Please help, I don't want to do a restore yet, if I can get it to work with your help.

Dan

EDIT:

After doing the migration with the latest thirty bees migration module, I did a refresh...

The Migration module updates to thirty bees 1.0.8, could it be that this version is not PHP 7.3 ready?

I am currently doing a Restore, and will try again, this time following the instructions specified below:

- Uninstall the migration module, psonesixmigrator.
    - Install thirty bees’ update module, tbupdater.
    - Update all the modules in need of an update, one by one. Boring, but necessary.
    - Install Core Updater (coreupdater), thirty bees’ next generation updater.
    - Use Core Updater to update thirty bees further. Migration module updates to thirty bees 1.0.8 only, then Core Updater takes over.

... Fingers crossed.

EDIT #2

I performed a Restore from my server restore option and also restored the database created just before doing the migration.

Now, I am back to my previous Prestashop Backoffice 1.6.1.xx, everything works EXCEPT the modules tab, whenever I try to access the modules section on my backoffice, I get a "BLANK" page. Turn on Dev mode and no error is shown???

Did I just BREAK my 8 years old online shop permanently???

The main reason I wanted to migrate to TB is for the PHP 7.3-7.4 support because my Host is no longer offering older version of PHP and some of my modules stop to work properly after PHP version went up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

God, I am starting to really regret this...

Dan

Edited by papagino

The reason that your migration fail was not related to thirtybees or prestashop, it was because you add an override with code that not supported by PHP 7.2+.

I am not familiar with the migration process but I recommend doing it without your overrides (for start), and also after migrate you should continue updating to latest thirtybees version.

11 hours ago, papagino said:

Fatal error: Access level to Link::getLangLink() must be public (as in class LinkCore) in /home4/amaxmed1/public_html/override/classes/Link.php on line 192

regarding this error, I think you have something like: "private function getLangLink(.....)" when should have: "public function getLangLink(.....)"

As said before - before migration you should turn off all external modules and disable all overrides.

Then migrate, then update according to your list (you can update all internal modules at once, no need to be one by one), then turn back on your external modules one by one and observe for problems (blank screen, issues in FO and BO, functionality issues) and then introduce your overrides (if needed with TB).

I think updating in 7.3 should not be an issue (for PS and TB core) but you may encounter issues with modules that are old.

Regarding your restored shop - try clearing all internal caches, the host cache (if present) and your browser cache and check if it solves the problem with the tabs. If you backed up all files by FTP and db is OK this should be the only problem (caching issues).

3 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

As said before - before migration you should turn off all external modules and disable all overrides.

Then migrate, then update according to your list (you can update all internal modules at once, no need to be one by one), then turn back on your external modules one by one and observe for problems (blank screen, issues in FO and BO, functionality issues) and then introduce your overrides (if needed with TB).

I think updating in 7.3 should not be an issue (for PS and TB core) but you may encounter issues with modules that are old.

Regarding your restored shop - try clearing all internal caches, the host cache (if present) and your browser cache and check if it solves the problem with the tabs. If you backed up all files by FTP and db is OK this should be the only problem (caching issues).

Thank you for your reply, the problems I have now is that I did a restore of the website and Database and I can no longer have access to the module tabs, it shows a blank page instead and no errors or warnings showing with debug on, So I can no longer do a migration to TB. The worse problem is that I did not do a FTP backup, but used a daily backup created from my host. When I downloaded the .tar Host backup created just prior doing the migration, it showed completed with success, but when I unzip the .tar file, it is corrupt and I can not extract all folders from the .tar file, lots of folder are missing, including the Modules folder.

I think what cause the .tar file to be corrupted is that the Host server crashed during the process, I couldn't access the Host (JustHost) cPanel for a while and a messages  showing that their server were down was appearing when trying to connect to it.

The restore was done using my Host backup, my backoffice and website look like it was before, it's just that I no longer have access to the modules via my backoffice.

All prestashop files seems to be on the server however (including Modules folder).

Is it possible that when I used the Host backup files to do the restore, this .tar file was corrupt and some of the folders including Modules did not get restored and is now causing the issues I have because for example the Modules folders is containing files from the TB migration?

Also, worse case, can I install TB like a new installation then link it to the existing database?

Much help would be appreciated

Dan

Hi, before updated/changing an live shop, everyone should try such an update in an separate surrounding (new webhosting e.g. or subfolder)  with the steps @the.rampage.rado explained. 

Yes, you can install tb and import the database then, best way to do this is by phpMyAdmin (should be found via your hosting menu). Database scheme should be fit to the settings which you give in the tb installation, please check!  A lot of good help can be found for such an update by searchfunction here and in other forums too.

2 hours ago, DRMasterChief said:

Hi, before updated/changing an live shop, everyone should try such an update in an separate surrounding (new webhosting e.g. or subfolder)  with the steps @the.rampage.rado explained. 

Yes, you can install tb and import the database then, best way to do this is by phpMyAdmin (should be found via your hosting menu). Database scheme should be fit to the settings which you give in the tb installation, please check!  A lot of good help can be found for such an update by searchfunction here and in other forums too.

Thanks for your reply... The fact that my hosting company never bothered to notify me with a date that they were going to upgrade my site automatically from PHP 7.2 to PHP 7.3 is enough for me to drop them and possibly file for lawsuit.

PHP 7.3 broke my payments modules causing me to lose $1000s in sale already. (I was receiving payments, but no sales were generated, causing customer to try again and again, so I had to reimburse a lot of payment in double/triple and creating orders from their carts manually. So I had to put my site in Catalog mode disabling all the shopping features and put a notice on the top regarding this...)

Now I have to start from scratch...

Is it possible for me to install a new installation of thirtybees on another host with the same website address but having it offline so that my customer only see the current website while I setup the new site on the new host?

My current website has lot of Paid Module that may not work with TB, so I think a new install is best.

My other option is to have my host restore my site to September 3rd, so I can try to migrate to TB again, but I will loose all transaction for this month.

Any recommendation?

What about a good Canadian Host company suggestion...

Thanks

Edited by papagino

At the moment some of your external modules (that are installed and turned on) does not want to work with 7.3.

ONLY IF YOU HAVE COMPLETE AND SECURE BACKUP WITH ALL YOUR FILES IN MODULES folder you can start deleting the modules folders for all external modules (starting with the most likely bad players, probably you know which modules don't play nicely lately).

After each deletion go in your modules page and refresh. If again you see blank continue until you remove the bad module and you can access your Modules page. Then you can copy back all deleted modules in the folder except the bad one.

Then you we can proceed with troubleshooting, updating, migration, etc.

Don't install, reinstall and make quick and stupid moves if you're not sure in 110% in your backups! This can be fixed very easy.
If you install fresh copy and paste db you will end up with a shop copy with no media files (for products, theme, etc). I doubt you wish to add them all one by one after that if this is not the very last resort.

Regards!

Edited by the.rampage.rado

1 hour ago, the.rampage.rado said:

At the moment some of your external modules (that are installed and turned on) does not want to work with 7.3.

ONLY IF YOU HAVE COMPLETE AND SECURE BACKUP WITH ALL YOUR FILES IN MODULES folder you can start deleting the modules folders for all external modules (starting with the most likely bad players, probably you know which modules don't play nicely lately).

After each deletion go in your modules page and refresh. If again you see blank continue until you remove the bad module and you can access your Modules page. Then you can copy back all deleted modules in the folder except the bad one.

Then you we can proceed with troubleshooting, updating, migration, etc.

Don't install, reinstall and make quick and stupid moves if you're not sure in 110% in your backups! This can be fixed very easy.
If you install fresh copy and paste db you will end up with a shop copy with no media files (for products, theme, etc). I doubt you wish to add them all one by one after that if this is not the very last resort.

Regards!

Thanks, doing FTP backup of modules folder now and will try what you said...

Going to all tab in Prestashop backoffice, I also get white page for:

Price Rules/marketing Blank
Module
Module/Payment

Probably Payment modules are the bad ones...

fingers crossed...

Cheers

Edited by papagino

Ok, here's what I did, I downloaded a new Prestashop 1.6.1.24 zip file and unzip to look at what modules are included in the folder.

I backed up the Modules folder with FTP.

Then, at first, I deleted one by one the non-native modules from the server and check to see if I was still getting a blank page making sure to do "Ctrl F5" every time to not load the page from cache.

After doing this for a couple hours and still getting blank page on Modules tab, I compared the modules included in the Prestashop 1.6.1.24 zip file then deleted all modules from my server not included in Prestashop 1.6.1.24 zip file in one go.

Result is... Still blank white page when accessing the Module tab.

So, it seems that the problems isn't cause by a module not being compatible with PHP 7.3, but is caused by something else...

What now!!!

...Also, I just created a business account with hostpapa.ca Hosting company here in Canada, at least, with them, you can choose what PHP version to use on your site down to 5.4, I think. With my current hosting "JustHost"  they simply decided to switch my website from PHP 7.1 to PHP 7.3 without notification and no way to go back to PHP 7.1, because it is no longer offered on their packages...

I think now, my only choice, is to have them restore my site to September 3rd, test if all is there, than move my site to HostPapa.ca and choose PHP 7.2 version for my site.

At least, if all good, my site should work again, knowing that I will loose almost a month of transactions.

I have Export all that I can using the Export feature of PS so I can import later on my new Host if needed.

Do you think this is what I should do?

If everything works after all this, I will SUE those #$@?#$@W% for my lost.

Edited by papagino

As last resort I would try clearing the class_index.php file in cache folder. Of course you should return your modules folder to the prior state before that and try this.

But I'm out of ideas. Probably check the error logs (highly doubt you will find something worth looking at) and somebody with more experience should log in and troubleshoot for you.

If you have new hosting account in the meantime you can try and upload there the last working backup and try with php 7.0 or 7.1. If nothing else helps this will be a viable option to simply redirect your dns.

• Thanks 1

One more thing, I currently have all those files in the Module Folder:

.htaccess
canadapost.php
carrier.jpg
CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
composer.json
config.xml
CONTRIBUTING.md
CONTRIBUTORS.md
de.php
error500.html
error500.phtml
error500_debug.phtml
es.php
footer.php
fr.php
header.php
images.inc.php
index.php
init.php
it.php
LICENSES
logo.gif
logo.png
README.md
sql-install.php
sql-uninstall.php
SUPPORTERS.md
xml-package.tpl
xml.tpl

Is this normal, or should it be only the .htaccess and index.php files as in what's included in a new Prestashop install?

1 hour ago, the.rampage.rado said:

As last resort I would try clearing the class_index.php file in cache folder. Of course you should return your modules folder to the prior state before that and try this.

But I'm out of ideas. Probably check the error logs (highly doubt you will find something worth looking at) and somebody with more experience should log in and troubleshoot for you.

If you have new hosting account in the meantime you can try and upload there the last working backup and try with php 7.0 or 7.1. If nothing else helps this will be a viable option to simply redirect your dns.

What to you really mean by "clearing the class_index.php file in cache folder"?

I backed up this file, then deleted all the code inside the file.  The result was a blank Backoffice and front office.

Restored the file from the backup I just created and back online.

Edit: Ok, I deleted the file and it recreated itself after doing a refresh...

Edited by papagino

Those files should NOT be in /modules/ folder. There should be only index.php and some folders (each full with files and folders of each module).

Those files should be in root.

About class_index.php - yes, this is a list of all your modules, classes and overrides if it's missing the system makes it and sometimes it makes problems. So there was not change when you deleted it?

7 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Those files should NOT be in /modules/ folder. There should be only index.php and some folders (each full with files and folders of each module).

Those files should be in root.

About class_index.php - yes, this is a list of all your modules, classes and overrides if it's missing the system makes it and sometimes it makes problems. So there was not change when you deleted it?

No, no change when I deleted the file, it was recreated automatically and my problem is still there.

I think the best thing, to avoid all bugs, is to install a new install of ThirtyBees on my new Host.

I have obtained a new URL with a .ca, my existing site is a .com.

So I will have my current Hosting company restore my site to september 3rd, then move it to the new Host company and select it to work with PHP 7.2.

This should bring back my shop to a working condition while I am working to bring the new thirtybees website under .ca with new theme, modules and all the rest.

I will install thirtybees in a subdirectory so to not interfere with the existing site file transfer (.com)

Once thirtybees is all set to my licking, I can import the customers, sales, catalog... data from prestashop to it to test everything, then make the proper changes to move it to the .com url.

Do you think I should proceed like this?

I think you should move all your data to new install of prestashop first. Make sure the new prestashop install matches your old one in subdomain or localhost IE wampserver etc. Then use copyshop_data to move over all your business data. This will be fresh presta with all data. Now...

Upgrade the new prestahop website with all your data to thirtybees.

Here is how you do just that.

https://www.prestools.com/

This way your completely fresh with no errors.

16 minutes ago, Billy said:

I think you should move all your data to new install of prestashop first. Make sure the new prestashop install matches your old one in subdomain or localhost IE wampserver etc. Then use copyshop_data to move over all your business data. This will be fresh presta with all data. Now...

Isn't thirtybees able to import data exported by Prestashop?

My current Prestashop as to many installed/unused module, some coding were modified, so the reason why I wish to do a fresh install.

So I think I will do as mentioned above instead...

Cheers

I'm not sure what your saying here. Are you going to do this old way like you said in many posts before or are you going to use best way prestools?

All data from prestools / copyshop_data will be clean and imported into what your version presta 1.6.10 now? Copyshop_data does not mess with module data. As this is only positions and such. This makes everything super easy. You discard all the crap you have done to your old site in one swoop. Which really makes everything much smoother going forward.

2 hours ago, Billy said:

Ok, but can copyshop_data be use if the new install of Prestashop (1.6.1.24) is on a different host?

My current shop is with JustHost (they are no longer offering PHP 7.2 and switch my site automatically to PHP 7.3 causing my payment modules to no longer work properly) and I am moving to a new host "Hostpapa" where I can choose PHP version down to 5.4 I think.

No you can't do that. BTW: I had the file names wrong. I fixed it here sorry. copy_shopdata

From: The copy_shopdata_on_server.pdf inside zip file it says...

Since version 0.45 the recommended approach has changed. It is now recommended to create a 
second shop in a subdirectory on the server, upgrade that and then rename and move directories on 
the server to make this the new active shop. The main reason for this change is speed. 

2 minutes ago, Billy said:

No you can't do that. BTW: I had the file names wrong. I fixed it here sorry. copy_shopdata

From: The copy_shopdata_on_server.pdf inside zip file it says...

Since version 0.45 the recommended approach has changed. It is now recommended to create a 
second shop in a subdirectory on the server, upgrade that and then rename and move directories on 
the server to make this the new active shop. The main reason for this change is speed. 

Ok, but do you know if I can use copy_shopdata from a Prestashop 1.6.1.24 to a thirtybees directly if they are on the same Host?

No you must use the exact same prestashop version as your shop right now. Must be exact okay? From what I remember this is how it would work in your situation. 

---

You can wait till your shop is on new server.

1) Do a backup immediately of your site on new server.

2) Clone your site to old.yourshop.com

3) Setup database for new.yourshop.com

4) Place prestools in admin folder of old.yourshop.com then add copy_shopdata to prestools folder.

5) Set preferences in copy_shopdata_config.php for old.yourshop.com and new.yourshop.com

6) Go to URL old.yourshop.com/admin/prestools/copy_shopdata/copy_shopdata.php

7) Follow instructions... 

Edited by Billy
corrected copy_shopdata to copy_shopdata_config.php

I'm not sure if you even have carriers setup in your old shop of presta 1.6.24 but if you do set line 19 in copy_shopdata_config.php to false. 

Example: Line 19 $skip_carrier_tables = true; /* skip tables with carrier settings */

Set to false if you have carriers...

Everything else was correct for me in my move from presta 1.6.10 and made it a breeze!

Edited by Billy
spelling as always

4 minutes ago, Billy said:

I'm not sure if you even have carriers setup in your old shop of presta 1.6.24 but if you do set line 19 to false in copy_shopdata_config to false. 

Example: Line 19 $skip_carrier_tables = true; /* skip tables with carrier settings */

Set to false if you have carriers...

Everything else was correct for me in my move from presta 1.6.10

I am using a Paid Canada Post and a Paid FedEx modules for my shipping, I think from Prestochangeo...