thirty bees forum

Restoring from backup

mbc_3

I was wondering if anyone knew where 30 Bees stores information like customers, products, etc. so I can try to restore my store from before the upgrade to 1.3 (long story, mostly it was my fault for not backing up correctly).

I did a fresh installation and have a working store, but would prefer to have my customer info / products, if possible. I have a backup of all the files from the old installation (essentially just the snapshot of the directory on my web host), and my MySQL database (I used a different prefix for this new installation, but it's the same database). If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

This info is in database. That's why database are invented. Way different is thing when You need put data from one base to another. And if prefix is also changed then it depend what sql manager is in use. In some cases You need to restore old base and then you can copy from on base to another. But it isn't catastrophic until you have all this data.

5 hours ago, mbc_3 said:

I have PHPMyAdmin, Can you either tell me how to take the data from the old prefix and copy it into the new prefix, or point me in the direction of somewhere I can read about this?

I believe the easiest solution for you is to just tall your store to use old prefix. To do that, edit file /config/settings.inc.php and change value for 

define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'tb_');

for example to 

define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'ps_');

Then go to core updater and check database differences. If there are some critical changes, apply fix.

Please backup your database before.

If this prefix changing is not the right approach for you, for some reason, you will have to copy every table independedly. Use sql like this for every table (ps_product is source, tb_product is target)

truncate tb_product;
insert into tb_product select * from ps_product;

If the columns or their position are different, you will have to enumerate all fields as well:

insert into tb_product(id_product, id_supplier, id_manufacturer,.....)
select id_product, id_supplier, id_manufacturer,..... from ps_product;

Very tedious task 

• Like 2

Thank you so much! That's all very helpful, I appreciate it. I'm going to try this later today. Thank you for all the work you do!

EDIT: Changing the prefix worked perfectly! Thank you again!

Edited by mbc_3
updated info

On 10/20/2021 at 7:39 AM, datakick said:

If this prefix changing is not the right approach for you, for some reason, you will have to copy every table independedly. Use sql like this for every table (ps_product is source, tb_product is target)

truncate tb_product;
insert into tb_product select * from ps_product;

If the columns or their position are different, you will have to enumerate all fields as well:

insert into tb_product(id_product, id_supplier, id_manufacturer,.....)
select id_product, id_supplier, id_manufacturer,..... from ps_product;

Very tedious task 

If you need to do that kind of things you can better use my tool Copy_shopdata. It handles such problems for you.

But in this case it is very likely not needed.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 12:23 AM, led24ee said:

There's tons of material in internet.

That is the very problem. Due to the financial motivation the Internet provides we have 90% useless info. It costs a ton of time to search thru it. A chance for forums to have a second awakening.