thirty bees forum

Please Help : Images missing with no friendly url.

bhtoys

Question

I'm sure I clicked something wrong by mistake... but I used to have Friendly URLS on, and had images. Something happened, and they started randomly vanishing.  

I found the only wy to get the images to return, was to click Friendly urls off.

Is there something I've accidently clicked to do this?

21 answers to this question

If you switch this setting it messes with .htaccess file. I would suggest to backup it with working settings and then delete it completely. Then set the required settings in BO.

If this does not work try clearing all caches - 2 TB caches, manually all your theme cache files and smarty files and if you have some serverside caching enabled it too. Refresh couple of times or try new browser or incognito mode.

Some combination of those items should solve your issue 😉

It's depend on the webserver your hosting company is using.

If its apache webserver than recreating your htaccess should do the trick, because apche setting can be overrided by htaccess file.

if you are using nginx webserver than htaccess wont help because nginx dont allow external overrides and all rewrites rules should be in nginx conf file.

3 hours ago, Wartin said:

Hello.

You can try backing up your .htaccess file, erase it and then in the backoffice regenerate it. From Preferences -> SEO and URLs, just in the bottom there is a 'generate .htaccess file' button.

Well, that one didn't work. Thanks however!

20 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

If you switch this setting it messes with .htaccess file. I would suggest to backup it with working settings and then delete it completely. Then set the required settings in BO.

If this does not work try clearing all caches - 2 TB caches, manually all your theme cache files and smarty files and if you have some serverside caching enabled it too. Refresh couple of times or try new browser or incognito mode.

Some combination of those items should solve your issue 😉

Sorry, but what does your BO stand for?
So you're saying to switch it over to Friendly Settings ON, then save it. Then delete the htaccess file?

12 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

I saw...

Have you tried regenerating the thumbnails?

Also what version are your TB and Niara theme?

Regenerating thumbnails right now.  - Edit, I'll have to do it later. 
Do I put it in Friendly mode, or just leave it and do it?

TB is 1.4.5
Niara theme is whatever came out of the box - so to speak. 

Edited by bhtoys

Lets wait for the regeneration to complete, if it does not fix the issue I have few more suggestions.

Regarding TB/theme versions used it's always advised to be on the latest one (better performance, security fixes and fewer (hopefully!) bugs). Please, write here when the regeneration is complete!

13 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

And you turned it back to Friendly URLS off... 🙂 If you want help you have to follow up on advice, I'm very sorry to say that.

You wont loose sales because for 30 minutes your site shows few blank images. 

I literally had a phone call from someone trying to place an order - and he wanted to see the images. lol

On 6/3/2023 at 1:36 PM, the.rampage.rado said:

And you turned it back to Friendly URLS off... 🙂 If you want help you have to follow up on advice, I'm very sorry to say that.

You wont loose sales because for 30 minutes your site shows few blank images. 

@the.rampage.rado - So I know I'm bringing up an older topic - but I honestly haven't had the spare time to do this until now. 
It just finished - It did not work. 

So what's the next step? Or am I just stuck with have friendly off. 

New Project (33).jpg

New Project (34).jpg