thirty bees forum

Minimum qunatity

led24ee

But there is half a kilogram of flour.

I think the way to go is to make the base really small, like 1 cm or 1 gram. Then to use unit prices to get more human-convenient price displays. Perhaps together with some CSS tweaking to make the unit price more prominent. The unit for unit prices should be independent from the unit for orders. For example, selling coffee in 450 g packages still requires the unit price to be for 1 kg, even if there's no multiple of 450 g which matches 1 kg.

This probably needs some experimenting. Also the problem that one gram might cost less than 1 cent, so the price could be rounded to zero. IIRC, all tests so far had wares sold by the piece in mind.

For example aluminim profile. Base price is for one meter. But if client need 2.5 meter then I can't sell this.Yes, I can put base price for 0.1 meter and then sell 25 pieces, but this is pointless. This is why this option is very good. Also I have experience when client has money but half on card and half in cash. Solution : sell bicycle in two pieces, half and half. This may seem ridiculous but both seller and client were happy.

No. It is very good when You have base unit and then multiplier/divider or something which is limit for how small pieces You can divide this item. For example 0.1 or 0.01 or why not 10. Then You can sell 0.5 and other 0.5. Both "half items" are for program completely different items and also two completely different invoices. Only client has feeling that there was one half and other half. And then You can choose payment type for each invoice. But this is my opinion and maybe there are only 1% who need this in real life.